[REMOVE ADS]

Say it ain't so....?

Remember the recent thread asking did diana ever miss a show,well according to one of the funk brothers she did,in[1965]at a small but rich gig diana didn't want to do it so[thelma hopkins]was brought in and nobody missed her.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Remember the recent thread asking did diana ever miss a show,well according to one of the funk brothers she did,in[1965]at a small but rich gig diana didn't want to do it so[thelma hopkins]was brought in and nobody missed her.
    That is the one that I had heard about too.

Sorry, but I doubt that ever happened. First, Telma would have only been 17 years old in 1965. I don't think her or the Vincent sisters were around Motown at that time and if they were, there's no way Motown was going to send out a teenager who wasn't signed to the label to front the hottest group in the country at the time. Plus, I doubt she knew the group's live act. Second, Berry Gordy wouldn't have tolerated Diana not wanting to do the gig. Regardless of their relationship, this was a business deal. It was easy to send out Marlene Barrow to replace Flo, but Diana was the voice everyone knew. She would have done that show whether she wanted to or not. Berry wouldn't have tolerated it.

DANG Arr&bee! You had me thinking we'd lost someone just now.

I agree with bradsupremes on this... especially with someone like Berry. A Supremes show without Diana? Nah.

I also believe that Thelma has been asked this question and stated that it wasn't true.

If we're playing the "what if" game, and this WERE true, I could only see Berry "replacing" Diana with someone in-house, much like Marlene did for the Supremes, and Flo did for the Marvelettes. Maybe with someone like Brenda Holloway, or Kim Weston.

If the lead singer of any group was 'indisposed', wouldn't Motown have had the option of cancelling that particular performance, offering to book another appearance, while maybe claiming on insurance...?

by 1965 the individual members were too well known, especially the lead singer.Maybe it was something they were not performing at.

Ok,don't kill the messenger,actually i agree with ya'll but i saw it so i reported it.

You, Twitter and Facebook.

Don't know those two.