[REMOVE ADS]

And speaking of The Supremes......

Who in earth was this group?

Some people just asking for a lawsuit!

And here is a bio of Sheila, the lead vocalist of these "Supremes". It is translated, so the grammar is poor. It mentions that she has gold records and was once part of Cameo

Originally from Atlanta, Sheila began singing at age six in the school choir of the church, and eleven and made his first recording. At fifteen, backed by his teacher Alfred Campbell, he decided to pursue music professionally.

It gave its first concert in Atlanta's World Famous Pascal Hotel, a venue in acting class musicians such as James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Ramsey Lewis ...

After two years of solo career in 1977 co-founded Sparklin Sheila Brown Sugar, the lead female vocal trio of the city of Atlanta, and turned with great success by the American Southeast.

SBS became a regular presence at major events and music festivals in the United States, as NAACP Events, Martin Luther King Festival, among others.

Sheila in the curriculum of that time must also mention two other achievements: a gold record for the album Cameo in which he participated as a singer, and another for his work "Alligator Woman".

The echo obtained by SBS in the United States crossed borders. A promoter decided in 1984 to hire Sheila Weaver, also accompanied by singers Anita Robinson and Monica Green, to turn by Spain, with the name of the legendary group The Supremes. Numerous performances in concert halls and appeared in television programs of greater hearing the trio became one of the most triumphant live shows those years in Spain. Due to the success of the proposal, the three were acting together until 1991.

Later incarnations of The Supremes have had in the nineties with the presence of Sheila, considered one of the best vocalists African American living in Europe. Leading his own band, Sheila Weaver has launched in 2001 a new stage, presenting a repertoire that her extraordinary voice masterfully sings blues, rhythm and blues, soul and pop.

Interesting in that this CD sells for $42-$50 on amazon. There are 6 reviews, each giving 5 stars....and NONE of them have to do with this grouping of Supremes? LOL

They are very upfront..just decided to use the name and that was that!

The girl is the middle reminds me Lynda Laurence...

There was a video clip of them performing on Youtube about a year ago.

Here they are. They come on right after the REAL Supremes and just before the REAL Mary Wilson LOL:

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Interesting in that this CD sells for $42-$50 on amazon. There are 6 reviews, each giving 5 stars....and NONE of them have to do with this grouping of Supremes? LOL
    Blueskies - Those reviews were so strange not mentioning anything about that. Do some people--the younger ones--not know? Hard to figure. Perhaps the fact that the group line-up went through many changes in the 70s has blurred things now for some of the public. If so--Yikes!

"The lead female vocal trio of the city of Atlanta?" Well, that's certainly impressive, isn't it.

These people are shameless!

Plus, check out the track listing on the CD. I'm sure glad to know that "Bill Myers" really wrote "You Can't Hurry Love." And all this time I thought it was Holland-Dozier-Holland. Good to know that Bill Myers has the integrity to stand up for his past accomplishments!

And wasn't "Soul Man" written by Isaac Hayes and David Porter, or some of the other fellows on the Stax label? I'm not sure, but I know it wasn't John Lennon!!!
    Last edited by kenneth; 07-25-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    "The lead female vocal trio of the city of Atlanta?" Well, that's certainly impressive, isn't it.

These people are shameless!

Plus, check out the track listing on the CD. I'm sure glad to know that "Bill Myers" really wrote "You Can't Hurry Love." And all this time I thought it was Holland-Dozier-Holland. Good to know that Bill Myers has the integrity to stand up for his past accomplishments!

And wasn't "Soul Man" written by Isaac Hayes and David Porter, or some of the other fellows on the Stax label? I'm not sure, but I know it wasn't John Lennon!!!
    Kenneth and Methuselah.....all I can say is....train wreck!

Oh where's Pearlie Salters when you need her...and the Queen of The Supremes...
    Shantel Baker! http://www.lmhmag.com/Shatel%20Baker...Lmh%20Mag.html
    Last edited by blueskies; 07-25-2015 at 03:50 PM.

Excellent point about Shantel who actually wrote Baby Love. After Shantel replaced Freda she was very busy replacing people and did of course have a stint in this group but when Sheila came along Shantel was out but then made that smash Love Attack, an international hit.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Excellent point about Shantel who actually wrote Baby Love. After Shantel replaced Freda she was very busy replacing people and did of course have a stint in this group but when Sheila came along Shantel was out but then made that smash Love Attack, an international hit.
    Thank you Luke. It's difficult keeping up with the 'facts'...but, you did an exemplary job in straightening all this out. As Shantel always says.....the TRUTH shall always win! And we know Shantel always speaks the truth..............

Now you're getting it blueskies!

More shantel news!! Shantel announced in 2002 that she was going on tour of Europe with Diana Ross . Does anyone know how it went.? I will present details soon.