[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson - New/Old Cd

As Mary is rather high profile at the mo, i was wondering if anyone might have any news regarding the possibilty that Clarity [[if thats still the title) being released sometime soon...... or ever???.

Not sure if such a product would be viable these days but I would certainly purchase it. Mary is on fire at the moment so I guess if there is to be a new album now would be the best time. Fingers crossed.

Nothing on her website indicating that the new CD is forthcoming. Sorry.
    You can read all about Mary in Mary's own words here :
    http://www.marywilson.com/

There are threads on this forum that date back to 2010 regarding Mary's "upcoming" CD. I believe I have emails from somewhere around 2006 or 2008 addressing "Clarity".

Even if it came out tomorrow, the music would be a decade old?

New, old,, in-between....my credit card is ready! Bring it on. If Mary sang the phone book, I'd be buying.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    There are threads on this forum that date back to 2010 regarding Mary's "upcoming" CD. I believe I have emails from somewhere around 2006 or 2008 addressing "Clarity".

Even if it came out tomorrow, the music would be a decade old?
    Marys been discussing this CD since 2002 marybrewster so i doubt its ever going to see the light of day. Shes released Lifes Been Good to me on itiunes which i bought but thought was real boring and Mother Dear which i bought and thought was real beutiful.

Fondly,

Roberta

I'm sure there are many people on our Forum who would buy it.

I really don't care how old the recordings are now. Good music is good music and like many others i would purchase it without a second thought.
    It really is an awful shame as the live performances of a few of the songs from the project are simply quite wonderful. I had hoped with Mary being here, there and everywhere at the moment there just might be some small snippet of news. Botheration!!

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    New, old,, in-between....my credit card is ready! Bring it on. If Mary sang the phone book, I'd be buying.

I am with you!!!!

I saw Mary back in May, and at her merchandise table, all she had to offer were small, standard trade paperbacks of "Dreamgirl" and "homemade" copies of her live "Up Close" CD. By that, I mean, the discs were in plain white sleeves ... not the case or packaging in which the disc first came. She also had some photos to sell.

I did not understand this. She sold 25 or 30 copies of the CD and a few copies of the book, and I know some of the folks who bought it already had it... they just wanted to buy something for her to autograph. I thought "Wow! Why on earth hasn't Mary issued her CLARITY of LIFE'S BEEN GOOD TO ME material?" Even if she self-manufactured it, as she did the live CD, she'd have something "new" to offer. MAKES NO SENSE TO ME WHATSOEVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    I saw Mary back in May, and at her merchandise table, all she had to offer were small, standard trade paperbacks of "Dreamgirl" and "homemade" copies of her live "Up Close" CD. By that, I mean, the discs were in plain white sleeves ... not the case or packaging in which the disc first came. She also had some photos to sell.

I did not understand this. She sold 25 or 30 copies of the CD and a few copies of the book, and I know some of the folks who bought it already had it... they just wanted to buy something for her to autograph. I thought "Wow! Why on earth hasn't Mary issued her CLARITY of LIFE'S BEEN GOOD TO ME material?" Even if she self-manufactured it, as she did the live CD, she'd have something "new" to offer. MAKES NO SENSE TO ME WHATSOEVER!!!
    The "Up Close" CD sold out a long time ago. They underestimated it's potential. Now they have copies that are from the first run being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post

Those facts speak for themselves. This isn't 1964, 1970, nor even 1977 or later. The fact she still performs is remarkable and these artists have to make do the best they can.

Simply stated, it is so obvious that there is not money around for all the frills. These days you have to tour to make any money and you have to have the ability to draw a decent sized crowd. For heritage artists, especially ones that really don't have hits of their own to draw on, it's not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Those facts speak for themselves. This isn't 1964, 1970, nor even 1977 or later. The fact she still performs is remarkable and these artists have to make do the best they can.

Simply stated, it is so obvious that there is not money around for all the frills. These days you have to tour to make any money and you have to have the ability to draw a decent sized crowd. For heritage artists, especially ones that really don't have hits of their own to draw on, it's not easy.
    I don't know who you are referring to, but it sure isn't Mary Wilson. You make it sound as if she was playing the "chitlin' circuit" or something. It is not is not difficult for her. She usually travels with a 10-12 person entourage on her own tours. She has musicians, singers, a sound/lighting guy, musical director, make up and wardrobe person. I have seen them place a huge box of her CD's on the counter in the lobby of Westbury Music Fair and have all of them sold by the end of her concerts. I don't like being blunt when it comes to Ms. Wilson.........but she will not do anything [[outside of her charities) that is not making money!

You must be referring to some other heritage artists.
    Last edited by marv2; 07-23-2015 at 08:31 PM.

You said it Marv. Mary ought to give lessons to some other divas on how to sing even better with age. Her voice has never been better unlike many of her comtemporaries.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    You said it Marv. Mary ought to give lessons to some other divas on how to sing even better with age. Her voice has never been better unlike many of her comtemporaries.
    Exactly and people are paying good money all over the World to hear her! 55 years into the game................... Give Mary some credit!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I don't know who you are referring to, but it sure isn't Mary Wilson. You make it sound as if she was playing the "chitlin' circuit" or something. It is not is not difficult for her. She usually travels with a 10-12 person entourage on her own tours. She has musicians, singers, a sound/lighting guy, musical director, make up and wardrobe person. I have seen them place a huge box of her CD's on the counter in the lobby of Westbury Music Fair and have all of them sold by the end of her concerts. I don't like being blunt when it comes to Ms. Wilson.........but she will not do anything [[outside of her charities) that is not making money!

You must be referring to some other heritage artists.
    Mary's CD sales total 5000! All in Forever

Get real. You haven't a clue sometimes.

Mary's CD sales total 5000! All in Forever

Get real. You haven't a clue sometimes.
    Any idea what Gladys Knight's recent releases have sold? I'm wondering, all things considered, just how bad 5,000 units is nowadays.

I'm sure none of the recent releases from any heritage artist has done much - not Gladys, not Stevie; even Diana's I Love You didn't do major sales. But those artists have major sales ~ 1 of them exceeding 100 million copies.

But the fact is that Mary Wilson had hits with the Supremes; and those singles that were hits was generally led by Diana, some by Jean, a couple by Scherrie. And sometimes, Mary didn't even sing on them and she certainly did not appear on many recordings by the Supremes.

Mary had no hits on her own. Mostly her career for what it was, was mishandled.

In recent years, she has done a distinguished job of making something of her career, be it modest.

But she is known as being the background singer for Diana, in the Supremes.

And the quoted figure for her sales is 4000 ~ not 5000. I was giving her the benefit of an obsessed fan buying a lot at some of smaller concerts she gives - buy a lot when no one is looking!

I'm sure none of the recent releases from any heritage artist has done much - not Gladys, not Stevie; even Diana's I Love You didn't do major sales. But those artists have major sales ~ 1 of them exceeding 100 million copies.

But the fact is that Mary Wilson had hits with the Supremes; and those singles that were hits was generally led by Diana, some by Jean, a couple by Scherrie. And sometimes, Mary didn't even sing on them and she certainly did not appear on many recordings by the Supremes.

Mary had no hits on her own. Mostly her career for what it was, was mishandled.

In recent years, she has done a distinguished job of making something of her career, be it modest.

But she is known as being the background singer for Diana, in the Supremes.

And the quoted figure for her sales is 4000 ~ not 5000. I was giving her the benefit of an obsessed fan buying a lot at some of smaller concerts she gives - buy a lot when no one is looking!
    Does the RIAA award it's Popcorn Disc when one sells 4000 copies?

But in her defence, she watched, she learned, she worked hard and she survived...........first she was afraid, she no longer had her by her side, and she grew strong, she learned how to get along!