[REMOVE ADS]

honest man Guest

Yvonne Fair "Funky Music Sho Nuff Turns Me On" [Soul Train September 28, 1974]

ok Folks we have had Walk Out The Door Yvonne and Sammy just found this powerhouse clip,i needed to share with you,Love her god bless Yvonne,cheers
    https://youtu.be/BlC2bWIkj8k

so cool. Yvonne Fair was a GREAT artist.

Her Motown album is one to treasure. I especially adore "it's bad for me to see you". My favourite version of that great song.

MARVIN is all over that track.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    MARVIN is all over that track.
    Yes well spotted. it has been discussed on here many times though i don't think we found the answer why,it was mainly the clip i wanted people to see,thanks all the same,cheers.

honest man Guest
    https://youtu.be/qwMVVPlYKjA
    do you reckon it's Sammy at the start of this one.................................

Sammy Strain, who was married to Yvonne at the time. I knew them for awhile when I lived in LA, soon after Sammy became an "O'Jay".I don't think that's Sammy on there, if so, they never mentioned it.

What a great find. Been wanting to see this for a long time.

Well done Andy

Wow, great clips. Dancing barefoot yet!

Do any of our experts know if there's much of Fair in the Motown vaults? Her album was beautifully remastered but had no extra tracks on it. I wore out my copy of that LP when I was in college, then found another with a slightly different cover. Fantastic album.

Anyone know if she recorded much else for Motown that went unreleased?

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Wow, great clips. Dancing barefoot yet!

Do any of our experts know if there's much of Fair in the Motown vaults? Her album was beautifully remastered but had no extra tracks on it. I wore out my copy of that LP when I was in college, then found another with a slightly different cover. Fantastic album.

Anyone know if she recorded much else for Motown that went unreleased?
    That's a great question. How long was YF actually signed to the label? Wasn't she brought to the label in the late '68 along with Chuck Jackson?

Yvonne Fair sure was a "unique" Motown artist -- the total opposite of the lady-like, demure Supremes! [[And you're right, Kenny -- she's barefoot to boot!) Her "Walk Out The Door If You Wanna" is one of Norman Whitfield's hottest productions. It deserved a secure position at the top of the charts [[at least the Club and R&B charts).
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 07-23-2015 at 02:43 PM.

honest man Guest
    1968 Yvonne came to Motown left maybe 74-75 i don't know,if so surely they must have recorded more than 14 songs on her,anyone know if any vault material is decaying,what a shame if so,cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    Sammy Strain, who was married to Yvonne at the time. I knew them for awhile when I lived in LA, soon after Sammy became an "O'Jay".I don't think that's Sammy on there, if so, they never mentioned it.
    Yep, that's definitely Sammy, same moves as on the Walk Out The Door vid, and it looks like him too!