[REMOVE ADS]

Great Pretenders: Analysis of the False Perpetuation of the Legacy of Musical Groups

If anyone is interested, I wrote a Law Review article when I was in law school in Southern California about the practice of "fake" groups touring utilizing the name, reputation and legacy of groups such as The Drifters, The Marvelettes and [[naturally) The Platters, who had no right to their own names. I wrote this back in 2000 when there were no state laws yet which protected the original members [[and the public) from such exploitation. At the time, because I knew that Mary Wilson had an "anti-impostor" clause in her touring contracts, in which she could refuse to perform if any groups on the bill with her didn't have at least one original member, I sent a copy of the article to her and she responded with interest. If anyone wants a copy, I can either post it if the forum allows for that or send a copy to you in PDF format. I think you might find it interesting.
    Last edited by kenneth; 12-11-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Great! Im interested.

I am definitely interested here!

whats the Frequency Kenneth? Post it here.

By all means, please post it here on SDF!

Thanks for the interest. The article is in a PDF file but the attach facility says at 1.1 MB it is too big to attach here. Can one of the moderators perhaps attach it? Thanks.
    Last edited by kenneth; 12-13-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Post it in parts........

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Post it in parts........
    Great suggestion, but even a single page exceeds the limit, it looks like, unless I'm really messing up here. Says the limit is 19MB, and even split into 4 parts [[about 5 pages each), each part is over 300MB. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, I can always email it to anyone who sends me a message. Sorry, didn't realize this would be this problematic.