[REMOVE ADS]

Your Opunion of The FLOS

What do you think of them? I know there are a lot of mixed opinions. They were created by three official members, two being lead singers, and they were made with the intent of being a regrouping of The Supremes. Legal problems prevented that, unfortunately. In my mind they are an official regrouping. I believe in certain parts of the world they can bill themselves as The Supremes. They were fantastic to me. Their new songs were good along with their remakes. I miss Jean being there, but her successors do well. They still perform magnificently also. I would pay to see them perform if they came nearby.

I loved them when Jean was there but when she left I kind of lost interest in them. I bought their early stuff but didn't bother once Jean departed which of course was after only a year or two. At the time it seemed like the Supremes had been reborn but alas it wasn't to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I loved them when Jean was there but when she left I kind of lost interest in them. I bought their early stuff but didn't bother once Jean departed which of course was after only a year or two. At the time it seemed like the Supremes had been reborn but alas it wasn't to be.
    Jean was with that group for about 6 years [[1986 - 92).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I saw them perform in the late 80s. I believe it was some sort of production like a Ian Levine Motown review at the Ponchartrain hotel. Jean was fine but the background was way overdone by drowning out jeans voice. She sounded really good, what you could hear of it. As soon as the wailing started, they lost several members of the audience. I have no idea why they were oversinging, especially Lynda. It was just irritating. We could hear them three blocks away.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Jean was with that group for about 6 years [[1986 - 92).
    Oops. My memory playing tricks on me. I saw them live 3 times and I know Jean wasn't there the final time. I thought all performances were within a 2 or 3 year timescale, but my original opinion still counts. I lost interest in them once Jean left rightly or wrongly.

I was really pleased to see and meet the original grouping Jean Lynda and Sherrie [[ although I believe Cindy was asked to join too) I loved Jean's voice and was happy to see her performance 4 times with the Flos but I agree with detmotownguy about the oversinging but with the proper support and some better material I think this grouping had potential to go further. Does anyone know why Jean left the group? I know she isn't fond of touring .

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    I was really pleased to see and meet the original grouping Jean Lynda and Sherrie [[ although I believe Cindy was asked to join too) I loved Jean's voice and was happy to see her performance 4 times with the Flos but I agree with detmotownguy about the oversinging but with the proper support and some better material I think this grouping had potential to go further. Does anyone know why Jean left the group? I know she isn't fond of touring .
    I think she didn't want to be away from her family for long. I know she didn't like touring even in the early 70's and as she got older she disliked it even more. It was indeed a great pity because this line up could have been big had the time and trouble been taken with their choice of material. Another missed opportunity.

I enjoy the songs recorded with Jean but once she left their production values went to karaoke sounding tracks and I didn't care for that. I am also not fond of Sundray's voice, especially when she tries to sound Diana-ish.

I know Cindy sang with them first and was replaced by Lynda. Does anyone know Cindy recorded any of the Jean tracks? Were they all done with Lynda? You can't tell by the pictures on the releases - I have some FLOS tracks that have Mary, Fl & Diana on the cover, including a picture disc!

http://www.ty3.co.uk/proof/wheel/

Sundray has recorded several CD's as Cindy Scott for Driving Wheel Records in England.
    Last edited by blueskies; 07-03-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Very talented singers - but they need better production. Stop using backing tracks that sound like a karaoke machine. Use real musicians to properly compliment their voices.

Quote Originally Posted by motown01 View Post
    Very talented singers - but they need better production. Stop using backing tracks that sound like a karaoke machine. Use real musicians to properly compliment their voices.
    Oh yes indeed.

Amen to that!

i saw them tonite at fort hamilton in brooklyn billed as former ladies of the supremes scherrie and lynda along with joyce vincent wilson and dennis edwards temptations revue, i hsve nothing but accolades for both acts, they looked good and t harmonies were great joyce added to the act w two dawn songs my only complaint is they only sang one 70s song stoned love too many dianaesque songs in the act. The dennis edwards revue has paul williams son in act they tore up t stage, and dennis still has it.