[REMOVE ADS]

Happy Birthday Florence Ballard!

Remembering Florence Ballard today, her birthday! Radio station, CKWW 580 am Windsor - Detroit gave tribute to the "Original and First Supreme" today at noon.

Attachment 9624

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Remembering Florence Ballard today, her birthday! Radio station, CKWW 580 am Windsor - Detroit gave tribute to the "Original and First Supreme" today at noon.

Attachment 9624
    well i m joining in as r facebook friends, happy birthday florence ballard as jennifer hudson said u will never b forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    well i m joining in as r facebook friends, happy birthday florence ballard as jennifer hudson said u will never b forgotten
    Never Fran!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY To Supreme Florence Ballard R.I.P

Honey, you is terrific! Always were, always will be.
    Gone but not forgotten, your legacy lives on. In your beauty and inimitable feisty style you were way ahead of your time.
    Sleep tight Blondie......

Listen to the background here. Listen to the sound that Florence Ballard & Mary Wilson able to produce live, on stage! This is why the Supremes were the greatest female group in history. Just the two of them were able to make that high level of harmony and do it live. I don't if there were other girl singers at the time that could that.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Listen to the background here. Listen to the sound that Florence Ballard & Mary Wilson able to produce live, on stage! This is why the Supremes were the greatest female group in history. Just the two of them were able to make that high level of harmony and do it live. I don't if there were other girl singers at the time that could that.

Hi Marv! Ina sense I might not consider this background since their voices we so prominent. This is the sound that was missing on the later 60's singles that did not have that certain something.