[REMOVE ADS]

Facebook Message from Ms. Susaye Greene

Susaye Greene

9 hrs ·

I was very happy to hear Mary say we all contributed to the history and legacy of the Supremes. Also, that she thought we should have gone on forever; heartwarming at the very least! I do think, by the way, as long as we are all alive and still performing strongly, we might come together and do some touring for a short while. If the fans ask Mary Wilson, [[loudly and strongly) perhaps she will want to do that. I think that would be wonderful for all of those who have stood by and supported through the years. Let us know what you think! heart emoticon Love Susaye Greene

Oh yeah Ms. Greene! A couple of years ago she signed the High Energy album and complimented your range. How do you do it? High Energy is one of the best songs ever recorded! MSS was a great lineup and I wished it would have continued. The last album was SUPERB. I was able to purchase another sealed copy a few weeks ago.

I will send Mary an email ASAP. Potentially exciting news.

What a lovely idea. Fingers crossed. I would love to see MSS tour.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Susaye Greene

9 hrs ·

I was very happy to hear Mary say we all contributed to the history and legacy of the Supremes. Also, that she thought we should have gone on forever; heartwarming at the very least! I do think, by the way, as long as we are all alive and still performing strongly, we might come together and do some touring for a short while. If the fans ask Mary Wilson, [[loudly and strongly) perhaps she will want to do that. I think that would be wonderful for all of those who have stood by and supported through the years. Let us know what you think! heart emoticon Love Susaye Greene
    I would travel and pay lots of money to see that. The MSS and MSC incarnations of the Supremes were much stronger than people give them credit for. We here at SD should start a campaign to write Mary and ask her to do this tour, even in a limited/small way.

And I'd still love to see Partners , Ms. Greene! Will there be more?

Go for it!

The MSS version is about the only one still active and performing - I mean the only grouping in which the three singers are still actively working.

None of the Cindy versions of the group will perform again and as someone else wrote this morning, Lionel Richie's voice isn't what it was and a guitarist from Yes passed away this weekend - there isn't lots of times for reuniting original versions of much of any group from the 70's.
    Last edited by jobeterob; 06-29-2015 at 01:00 PM.

As i have said before and as the original plan was to get all the remaining Supremes together for one last tour [[ with or without Diana ) to have Jean and Lynda with Mary for 70 - 73 material then Sherrie and Suesaye join Mary for 74 - 77 material and get all on stage together for a Mary led 60's medley I think that show would sell around the world and would probably get the backing of Motown/ universal music.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    As i have said before and as the original plan was to get all the remaining Supremes together for one last tour [[ with or without Diana ) to have Jean and Lynda with Mary for 70 - 73 material then Sherrie and Suesaye join Mary for 74 - 77 material and get all on stage together for a Mary led 60's medley I think that show would sell around the world and would probably get the backing of Motown/ universal music.
    Glastonbury, 2016? A "Motown Review" would go down a storm there....and Jools Holland would have them on his show, like a shot.

At this stage, ANYTHING is a good idea even if it only really appeals to the fans.

But I'm not sure I see much activity on this just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    That would be amazing. I hope it can happen. I would want D.R. there but will take anything I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    Glastonbury, 2016? A "Motown Review" would go down a storm there....and Jools Holland would have them on his show, like a shot.
    That would be great as long as The First Lady if Motown Recordrs Dr Martha Reeves is real prominent on the bill.

Fondly,

Roberta

They've been asking for Diana Ross at Glastonbury for a couple years.

Maybe they could get Diana and have this for a finale! Have "the girls" perform, then Diana and all of them for a finale!

OK, Martha can come too Roberta.

They've been asking for Diana Ross at Glastonbury for a couple years.

Maybe they could get Diana and have this for a finale! Have "the girls" perform, then Diana and all of them for a finale!

OK, Martha can come too Roberta.
    Diana Ross will not perform with "the girls". Those gloriously talented women, Mary Wilson, Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene can all sing her off the stage and under a table. I prefer to see Mary, Scherrie & Susaye in concert, their own concert and not some "event ".

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    That would be great as long as The First Lady if Motown Recordrs Dr Martha Reeves is real prominent on the bill.

Fondly,

Roberta
    Of course Martha will be there Roberta - front stage and centre!
    But I'm thinking big here - I was Roz and Netty, and Betty all there too, alongside Lois and Delphine...all the Vandellas and all the Supremes. Oh, and the Velvelettes should be on the bill too, [[of course TBFXT!). Each act gets their own slot, and then a grand finale, like in the old days. Diane is unlikely to want to do this, which is a shame. But we can have a great show nevertheless. And I'm not kidding - it will blow the people away!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Diana Ross will not perform with "the girls". Those gloriously talented women, Mary Wilson, Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene can all sing her off the stage and under a table. I prefer to see Mary, Scherrie & Susaye in concert, their own concert and not some "event ".
    I do agree with Marv that is an "event" that isn't going to happen.

I think even Mary Wilson now acknowledges this and so she is moving on to something that is a 2nd string dream for her - but it would still be a great Motown Event!

I do agree with Marv that is an "event" that isn't going to happen.

I think even Mary Wilson now acknowledges this and so she is moving on to something that is a 2nd string dream for her - but it would still be a great Motown Event!
    I would not call Mary Wilson reuniting with Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene as a "2nd String Dream" especially when they all can outsing and out perform Diana Ross in 2015. That thing, that tour that Diane mounted in 2000. You know, the one that crashed and burned within weeks was all about taking out the 2nd string of folks she's never recorded, sang or performed with in her life! Mary, Scherrie and Susaye would be a legitimate reunion.

What has Mary Wilson acknowledged? When did she acknowledge it and Where did she acknowledge whatever it is you are talking about?

I would love to see Mary perform with Jean Terrell again. It doesn't even have to be in a group context either.
    Last edited by marv2; 06-30-2015 at 08:41 PM.

You guys a Supreme reunion ? DMC ? MSS ? think about it ......NOT

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Well Cindy is out; Diana is out.

Susaye obviously would try. Maybe Scherrie and Lynda are out too?

Is a Supremes reunion necessary to you? Is that something you want? Not me. As long as Mary Wilson is out there and able to perform high quality shows that she is known for, I could care less. However, if Mary decides that it would be a worthwhile venture to reunite with Scherrie & Susaye, then I am there.

I don't care for Diana Ross at all , so not having her participate in a "Supremes Reunion" bothers me about as much as my neighbor down the street being constipated. I don't want to see her period! I would pay to see Mary, Scherrie and Susaye and they had better sing "Sweet Dream Machine"! LOL!

What if the neighbour is me or Roberta? Hehe

What if the neighbour is me or Roberta? Hehe
    lol He sure talk about someone every day that he "don't care for at all" lol

Roberta

At this stage, ANYTHING is a good idea even if it only really appeals to the fans.

But I'm not sure I see much activity on this just yet.
    If there were any real interest in a "Supremes" reunion without Diana Ross a savvy promoter would have made it happen.

I could get just as much and entertained just as much with Scherrie and Susaye in concert as I could with MSS.

Perhaps Jean and Susaye could be guest performers with Scherrie, Lynda and Joyce if Diana and Mary decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Koach View Post
    Perhaps Jean and Susaye could be guest performers with Scherrie, Lynda and Joyce if Diana and Mary decline.
    Good ideas!

I still remember going to Susaye's site [[or maybe her Deviant Art site) and seeing a framed painting of her and the rest of the Supremes [[Diana, Mary, Flo, Cindy, Jean, Lynda and Scherrie). She was a true Supremes fanatic and she was given a chance to be a part of that group's history albeit very brief.

For her part, I think for years, Mary didn't pay much attention to the post-Diana Supremes lineups as much as the fans did because she felt the Supremes saga began and ended with Diana and Flo but I think another part is proud that Cindy, Jean, Lynda, Scherrie and Susaye added their contributions.

That said, I don't think a reunion's happening: Diana, Mary and Susaye are happy enough being solo [[though Susaye did reunite with Scherrie a few times) while Scherrie and Lynda carry on as the FLO's. Cindy is ailing also.
    Last edited by midnightman; 07-03-2015 at 01:15 AM.

As a long time hold out for A Diana Ross & Mary Wilson reunion, I have given up hope as well. For a time, I had thought that a duo approach would be very special and the women revisiting their Motown hits from the perspective of time gone by. Reflecting if you will, on reinterpreting the hits of their youth in context of the wisdom gained over the decades. Lamont Dozier CD's of stripped down versions of the songs he's written is stunning.

That said, a reunion of the FLO's and reworking their material would be most welcome! All the incarnations of The Supremes were special and I'm sure there is a dedicated fan base to make this happen for the ladies!
    Last edited by Mark Desjardines; 07-04-2015 at 12:31 PM.

alanbill1074 Guest
    I know people have to make a living but I've always been disappointed how Diana and Mary were so driven by MONEY to make a reunion happen and not the MUSIC. Money should have been much more incidental to the whole thing. It's not like either lady is short of a few quid.

Quote Originally Posted by alanbill1074 View Post
    I know people have to make a living but I've always been disappointed how Diana and Mary were so driven by MONEY to make a reunion happen and not the MUSIC. Money should have been much more incidental to the whole thing. It's not like either lady is short of a few quid.
    I agree that Diana will hardly be short of money but i doubt that Mary is anywhere near as wealthy. She was broke before she wrote her dreadful book, and whilst i'm sure she is hardly a pauper i don't think she will be as wealthy as you seem to think. It is indeed sad that the money appears to be far more important than the music or legacy.

Mary Wilson is a very wealthy woman. The figures are available on the internet. Her book was praised by NY Times as being very objective and being well written. Her issues with RTL was about fairness and equity. Money was simply the symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I agree that Diana will hardly be short of money but i doubt that Mary is anywhere near as wealthy. She was broke before she wrote her dreadful book, and whilst i'm sure she is hardly a pauper i don't think she will be as wealthy as you seem to think. It is indeed sad that the money appears to be far more important than the music or legacy.
    Mary Wilson is a very wealthy woman, I can promise you that. I enjoyed her book along with millions of others. Mary Wilson has never been broke. Had the money been distributed more equably, there would not have been as big of a problem with a reunion.
    Last edited by marv2; 07-05-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Mary Wilson is a very wealthy woman. The figures are available on the internet. Her book was praised by NY Times as being very objective and being well written. Her issues with RTL was about fairness and equity. Money was simply the symbol.
    I hadn't even read your post, but see they are almost identical. Wow LOL!

Lol..great minds think alike!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Lol..great minds think alike!!
    You got that right!!!

Money I'm sure was an issue but respect as a unit I think is what Mary really wanted. She really wanted a sit down to and to be included in the planning. But oh well if the 70's ladies can get it together it will be nice but if not we will check all the ladies individually.

Scherrie and Susaye can continue to sing as a duo or solo I will love them just the same and they are Super Super talented. In the interview Mary even mentioned they were much more talented than her. They are song writers, producers and sing their butts off. Truly world class entertainers. Mary finally admitted that they are more than replacements.

Scherrie and Susaye can continue to sing as a duo or solo I will love them just the same and they are Super Super talented. In the interview Mary even mentioned they were much more talented than her. They are song writers, producers and sing their butts off. Truly world class entertainers. Mary finally admitted that they are more than replacements.
    My sentiments exactly, Captain. Their über talents are undeniable. Anyone who has read my threads on their two shows know how much I respect and admire these two lovely ladies. And not to take away from their individual successes, I find that as a duo they create something very unique and special. I call it High Synergy. Scherrie and Susaye rock!

Doesn't look like there is much activity on the 70's reunion front yet either.

Both D & M are rich. It's just business and in the end, it went awry.