[REMOVE ADS]

BET Awards 2015: Smokey Robinson honored, Tracee Ellis Ross hosting

The BET Awards will air tonight. Smokey Robinson will be honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award, and Tracee Ross will be co-hosting. I have also heard that Janet Jackson will be honored.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    The BET Awards will air tonight. Smokey Robinson will be honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award, and Tracee Ross will be co-hosting. I have also heard that Janet Jackson will be honored.
    I was watching Madeas witness protection Movie last night on BET and they had so many clips of Tracee Ellis Ross and Anthony Andersen promoting the Awarsds Show and Tracee was real funny in every promo clip. Shes got that IT factor IMO.

fondly!

Roberta

Great to see smokey honored.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Great to see smokey honored.
    Uncle Smokey......YEAH! He is another one that deserves what seems to be month of recognition for classic Motown Artists.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Uncle Smokey......YEAH! He is another one that deserves what seems to be month of recognition for classic Motown Artists.
    During Smokey's thank you speech, he was throwing out pearls of wisdom to the younguns and told them not to be so full of themselves in a respectful tone. My young friends commented that Smokey just gave them a reality check..lol! Of course, Smokey sang and did the darn thang!!

Smokey's speech was the best part of the entire telecast. I hope the audience was listening. His performance was great as well.

It was also nice when Patti LaBelle came out to show Tamar Braxton and K. Michelle how it should be done.

Janet Jackson looked fantastic but I wasn't thrilled with her tribute.

The rest of the show was dreary to me, making it a bit of a chore to last through the whole thing. At almost four hours, the show was much too long.

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    During Smokey's thank you speech, he was throwing out pearls of wisdom to the younguns and told them not to be so full of themselves in a respectful tone. My young friends commented that Smokey just gave them a reality check..lol! Of course, Smokey sang and did the darn thang!!
    Sister, that was the absolute best awards acceptance speech I have heard in recent time.s Smokey knows what he is talking about because he has been there! When sang it was like it w as 1965 again or at least the 1970. He has maintained!