[REMOVE ADS]

Marva Collins, renowned educator, dies at 78

A real unsung hero. A perfect example of good work not being reported enough. All the crap in the news and here we have a great woman making a real difference. I bet 1/50 would know who she she was. Rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    A real unsung hero. A perfect example of good work not being reported enough. All the crap in the news and here we have a great woman making a real difference. I bet 1/50 would know who she she was. Rest in peace.
    There was one made for television movie about her I think by CBS in the early 80s. After that, nothing. She was a difference maker. Rest in peace Ms. Collins and thank you!

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    There was one made for television movie about her I think by CBS in the early 80s. After that, nothing. She was a difference maker. Rest in peace Ms. Collins and thank you!

Marv
    Marv I saw that also and thought the educational system should go run and hide. One of those Sunday evening news shows like 20/20 also reported on her work. That's is where I would like to direct my tax dollars. That show came out when the Detroit School Board had drivers and what not. They also had unused school books and computers rotting away. And look at what Ms. Collins did with little money. It would be nice to do a follow up study to see how her students are doing 30 yes later!