[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha still rules in Top 10 Women Billboard [[and Dionne is in there too!)

Here's an updated look at the top 10 women with the most visits to the Billboard Hot 100, with Madonna and Minaj both upping their counts by one this week, june 25,2015:

73, Aretha Franklin
    69, Taylor Swift
    63, Nicki Minaj
    57, Madonna
    56, Dionne Warwick
    53, Connie Francis
    49, Rihanna
    48, Brenda Lee
    47, Mariah Carey
    43, Miley Cyrus

It certainly doesn't reflect the level of talent that's for sure.
    Nicki Minaj? Miley Cyrus? I am no Taylor Swift fan but I acknowledge she is a force to Be reckoned with at the moment. It's frightening that Gladys, Diana, Whitney, Streisand, Celine are not there when you see some of the people who are.

Gladys and Diana no doubt were not included when it said Gladys Knight and the Pips and Diana Ross and the Supremes

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Gladys and Diana no doubt were not included when it said Gladys Knight and the Pips and Diana Ross and the Supremes
    I guess so jobetrob.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    In at least one Billboard R&B book that I have, they did credit Gladys' recordings with the Pips along with her solo recordings. So she ended up being placed at [[I think) at the #10 spot on the most popular R&B acts of all time. I gather they did that because except for their first hit, she always had billing. I noticed they did the same with Martha Reeves' solo recordings and Vandellas recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    In at least one Billboard R&B book that I have, they did credit Gladys' recordings with the Pips along with her solo recordings. So she ended up being placed at [[I think) at the #10 spot on the most popular R&B acts of all time. I gather they did that because except for their first hit, she always had billing. I noticed they did the same with Martha Reeves' solo recordings and Vandellas recordings.
    That is the fairest way to do it in my opinion.