[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First Motown Record [[before "Bad Girl")?

According to a Richard "Popcorn" Wylie discography, the follwing 2 cuts on Name:  Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 8.44.32 PM.jpg
Views: 1300
Size:  15.5 KB Name:  PopcornWylieAustralia2.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  13.2 KB Australia's and New Zealand's Leedon Records in 1959 were also on an unnumbered Motown 45, ostensibly before TLX2207, "Bad Girl" by The Miracles, which came out in September of 1959. Here are scans of the Leedon sides:

I looked up the record and songs on "Don't Forget The Motor City", and they weren't listed. I looked up the songs on BMI.com and ASCAP.com, and the songs weren't listed. I never saw nor heard those 2 cuts on tapes or acetates in The Motown Vault, or on any official or unofficial Motown recordings or record list. They do sound like 1959 Motown recordings, with Popcorn playing the piano, and someone sounding like Beans Bowles on the sax.
    Last edited by robb_k; 06-26-2015 at 08:57 AM.