[REMOVE ADS]

I love you maze...but.....!!

Yes one of the greats,but by the time the intro passes and he actually starts to sing i'm asleep,yes the songs a great but we have to survive the intro.

I like long intros. They remind us that the MUSIC is just as important as the lyrics

Arr&bee - Check out this very early one:

http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...rankie+beverly

Methuselah, your name is well earned,heck i don't even remember that one[nice find]good mid-sixties beat...but his intros are still tooooooooo long!!!

Nah, Maze was fantastic through and through. The band was jazzy, funky, soulful, and smooth and Frankie Beverly was the consummate front man, charismatic while staying a part of the act without trying to dominate it. And they were as good in concert as they were on wax. "Live In New Orleans" was played on 8 track all the way from Columbus, Ohio to Norfolk, Virginia on one of our family vacations in the '80s. I will always love the band, the man, the music, and those long intros.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 07-01-2015 at 01:41 AM.

I'll just take a short nap til the singin starts,hehe.

Well, to be honest with you, Maze is so relaxing you will probably fall asleep again after he starts singing. Good Sunday afternoon music.

Is it sunday already,opps forgot to pick up the wife..hehehehehehe!!!

It's not. Hopefully that doesn't mean that she's had three days in which to forget all of that talk about forgiveness. I'd call to see if she's still there, by the way. Good luck.

Call???heck i forgot where i left her!!!

Well, it's difficult to maintain a well-run hooch operation... She should understand.

Hey jerry i want you to drive down to da hood and look for a lady carrying a grudge, tell her i sent you to take her home, but don't let her hold that grudge against you those grudges are hard to get rid of.

I'll have to pass. The last time I got caught picking up women in the hood, I slept on the floor for a month. My back is too bad to do it again.

But jerry,you have to do it...you're the only one of my friends that my wife hasn't cussed out..or shot at.

Alright, alright... Let me dig out my Groucho nose and glasses so nobody will recognize me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah good,good she'll think that you're the old guy from round the way!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Yeah good,good she'll think that you're the old guy from round the way!!
    That's no good! I AM the old guy around the way. I'm gonna have to get back with you, homeboy...

Hey jerry,i got it...come as yourself and use some big words she might not shoot then.

I don't know about that. Big words have gotten me shot at a few times in the past. They think I'm trying make them look stoopid when I accuse them of being practicing antidisestablishmentarianists and the projectiles commence shortly thereafter. I'll consider your suggestion and if appropriate, I will employ it. But on the surface, it ain't looking like a good idea.

Haaaaaaaaaaa,no jerry that's a great idea,that big word right there[antiwhatchamacallit]by the time you finish pronouncing it she'll be so confuesed she just grunt and storm off.