[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mental Illness + cheap guns + endemic racism = ?

What a disgrace. Bravo to President Obama for his statement. Prayers to all.

When a Black person kills, it is always seen as a deliberate act. Whenever a white person kills, people always want to say the killer was mentally ill, or some BS, so people will have sympathy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    When a Black person kills, it is always seen as a deliberate act. Whenever a white person kills, people always want to say the killer was mentally ill, or some BS, so people will have sympathy for them.
    Well THAT was not my intention at all. I have no sympathy for this killer whatsoever. I think the despicable act was absolutely deliberate and [[I think) caused by the 3 things I mentioned. But I do agree with your first sentence, at least in terms of media and court interpretation.
    Last edited by RobertZ; 06-18-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Well THAT was not my intention at all. I have no sympathy for this killer whatsoever. I think the despicable act was absolutely deliberate and [[I think) caused by the 3 things I mentioned. But I do agree with your first sentence, at least in terms of media and court interpretation.

But of course you would agree with his first sentence....................

What a disgrace. Bravo to President Obama for his statement. Prayers to all.

It wasn't a disgrace. It was a crime, it was murder! A disgrace is pissing on yourself in public.

This speaks volumes about whats wrong in todays America

Sadly its the honest to God truths.

Attachment 9547

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It wasn't a disgrace. It was a crime, it was murder! A disgrace is pissing on yourself in public.
    It is also a disgrace because it could still happen in 2015!

Look , ain't nothing changed much from 1955 -2015 there is still and has always been deep seated racism and hatred toward black people in America!

It is a disgrace a disgrace that so many bigots have guns and guns are so easy to get now thats a real disgrace. shm just smh.

Amen soulster. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Amen soulster. Amen.
    Yes, my point precisely.

And, here we go yet again! Black people forgiving someone for killing family. Man, I am serious! When White people get killed, you never see their family forgiving the perp. Never.

And, again, when it's a white guy doing the killing, he's a 'troubled young man" who "got off on the wrong path". It's the same as saying: "Oh, it's OK that you killed my child. Y'all can just keep killin' us. It's allright. I forgive you because it's God's will. Ohhhhh!!!!" But, if a Black guy kills, he's a thug, an animal! he should be killed! The gun nuts talk about arming themselves. The politicians talk about wasting taxpayer money on social programs. You know it would have happened if it had been a Black man shooting up White people in a church.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-19-2015 at 08:28 AM.

Look , ain't nothing changed much from 1955 -2015 there is still and has always been deep seated racism and hatred toward black people in America!
    I know it! You're not schoolin' me on anything I don't know! They hate that we exist. Most people just don't say anything in public, but you know that's what a lot of people are thinking. I cannot trust and look at the person next to me and think positive. And, people want to call me negative, a pessimist. Shit like this is why.

I know it! You're not schoolin' me on anything I don't know! They hate that we exist. Most people just don't say anything in public, but you know that's what a lot of people are thinking. I cannot trust and look at the person next to me and think positive. And, people want to call me negative, a pessimist. Shit like this is why.
    Here's the deal, the truth. Had that been a white church [[yes we still have segregated churches in America!) and a young black man walked in off the street and just sat down during one of their functions/services, he would have immediately raised suspicion! The people at that church in Charleston, SC did not bat an eye when this Dylan Roof came into their church and sat around for an hour........until he started murdering them!

Speak on, brother!

And this idiot from the NRA just PROVE the need for strict strict strict Gun Control. May God forgive him for his hate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...p_ref=politics

Let God forgive him I don't have to.

And this idiot from the NRA just PROVE the need for strict strict strict Gun Control. May God forgive him for his hate.

Idiot is too kind.

I agree, Ms. Roberta - I've posted the article on my Facebook page and thank you for it. I believe the NRA is one of the remaining socially acceptable masks for white supremacy groups and they need to be brought down or at least under control. Gun control should be a major part of the platform of any candidate for the upcoming presidential race and indeed any politician, local or otherwise. The group has done far too much harm. I hope you have a wonderful first day of summer and good memories of fathers you may have known. Best, Robert

But, let's see how far the republicans cower under pressure from the NRA this time. I predict that it will be the same as always.

But, let's see how far the republicans cower under pressure from the NRA this time. I predict that it will be the same as always.
    Yeah, there was a Black senator on 'Face the Nation' who wouldn't offer a personal opinion on the flag. He said that he'd wait until there was a dialog at the state house and add his opinion then. Then he went on to say that 'the laws designed to keep guns out of church didn't prevent this, so we have to revisit that'. Read: Pass a law that permits people to carry guns anywhere they want to in South Carolina. It's crazy. It's less about Black or White for some people than it is about money and this guy clearly is on the dole of the NRA to suggest that.

It is a disgrace a disgrace that so many bigots have guns and guns are so easy to get now thats a real disgrace. shm just smh.
    A disgrace to who?

You know it's crazy when even the kkk came out and condemned that terrorist act. They say that it was wrong to kill christian people while they were praying. What's this twisted world coming to?

A disgrace to who?
    A disgrace that there are so many guns in the hands of bigots a disgrace that there are hundreds of millions of guns in this here country a disgrace that the NRA have so much power and a disgrace that Ive got even explain this to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Yeah, there was a Black senator on 'Face the Nation' who wouldn't offer a personal opinion on the flag. He said that he'd wait until there was a dialog at the state house and add his opinion then. Then he went on to say that 'the laws designed to keep guns out of church didn't prevent this, so we have to revisit that'. Read: Pass a law that permits people to carry guns anywhere they want to in South Carolina. It's crazy. It's less about Black or White for some people than it is about money and this guy clearly is on the dole of the NRA to suggest that.
    Smh just smh at every politician whos in bed with the NRA. Theyve all blood on they hands IMO.

Wake up America we have a huge problem.

After more news since the Charleston Holocaust I have indeed revised my initial opinion. The killer was not mentally ill but simply a hateful POS who carried out a planned agenda. I regret if I was offensive to anyone in my initial opinion of the murderer; "live and learn", and I do learn from my fellow posters on this forum.

A disgrace that there are so many guns in the hands of bigots a disgrace that there are hundreds of millions of guns in this here country a disgrace that the NRA have so much power and a disgrace that Ive got even explain this to you.
    You did not answer the question. A disgrace to who?

After more news since the Charleston Holocaust I have indeed revised my initial opinion. The killer was not mentally ill but simply a hateful POS who carried out a planned agenda. I regret if I was offensive to anyone in my initial opinion of the murderer; "live and learn", and I do learn from my fellow posters on this forum.
    Relax! No one's offended. You had an opinion. You revised it. It's OK!

The case could be made that racism is a mental illness, which it is. It involves a fair amount of delusional thinking. Still - and i'm not playing the race card - whenever a Black person does something like this [[and it is much more rare), they are simply called animals and thugs. No one questions their mental stability, or their upbringing, or their influences. But, a White guy does it, and, even though his actions are condemned, people will make some kind of excuse for him. But, notice the subtle nuance here: they say this young man committed a despicable act, while would just call the Black man despicable. See that?

And, lets not get started on that confederate flag. Any takers?
    Last edited by soulster; 06-22-2015 at 11:37 AM.

You did not answer the question. A disgrace to who?
    Kiss my grits dear. Youre the disgrace on this here thread trying to start trouble on a thread discussing the brutal murder of 9 people in a church by a racist maniac.

Kiss my grits dear. Youre the disgrace on this here thread trying to start trouble on a thread discussing the brutal murder of 9 people in a church by a racist maniac.
    The answer I was looking for was that it is a disgrace to HUMANITY! Black Lives Matter.............All Lives Matter! Your heart and mind are so filled with hatred and bitterness that you cannot see that even though it is right in front of your face! You need to be recalled for retraining....................

The answer I was looking for was that it is a disgrace to HUMANITY! Black Lives Matter.............All Lives Matter! Your heart and mind are so filled with hatred and bitterness that you cannot see that even though it is right in front of your face! You need to be recalled for retraining....................
    Stop it just darned well stop your bulls**t and games and warpness. ALL LIVES MATTER and that includes EVERYONE regardless of SKIN COLOR or SEXUAL ORIENTATION. If anyone needs retraining its you.

Stop it just darned well stop your bulls**t and games and warpness. ALL LIVES MATTER and that includes EVERYONE regardless of SKIN COLOR or SEXUAL ORIENTATION. If anyone needs retraining its you.
    Now church lady, it is out there for everyone to see.............

I rest my case!

I rest my case!
    Well your bigoted statements and hate and vile comments are on youtube for everyone to see so I rest my case. unlike you I dont spread or embrace hate.

Do this here forum a favor and Block me and ill block you.

Well your bigoted statements and hate and vile comments are on youtube for everyone to see so I rest my case. unlike you I dont spread or embrace hate.

Do this here forum a favor and Block me and ill block you.
    I am not a bigot. You and your buddies can call me every filthy name to your hearts desire,but never call me a bigot!

I am not a bigot. You and your buddies can call me every filthy name to your hearts desire,but never call me a bigot!
    Your not? well you youtube comments tell a different tale. Now i know whats your game is your trying to get Ralph to come into this thread and save you again and ban me but it isnt going to work. Now show some decency and show dignity and respect for the 9 people that were brutally murdered in they church and stop picking fights.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 06-22-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Your not? well you youtube comments tell a different tale. Now i know whats your game is your trying to get Ralph to come into this thread and save you again and ban me but it isnt going to work. Now show some decency and show dignity and respect for the 9 people that were brutally murdered in they church and stop picking fights.
    I do not know what you are talking about.

I do not know what you are talking about.
    You know exactly what im talking about. This is usual standard response when you are called out on the carpet for your hypocrissy.

Now im done with you and i refuse to let you degrade this important thread with your catfights and nonnsense.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 06-22-2015 at 07:11 PM.

This says it all.

It allways start in the home.

It allways start in the home.
    I'm not so sure about the "Always", Ms. Roberta. The children today spend hours on their phones and the internet, and the news is full of "politicians" babbling about "taking our country back" which is a codified mask for white supremacy. Then again the "at home" statement IS correct - because the young ones can be corrected by their parents if the parents are around enough to teach them.

I'm not so sure about the "Always", Ms. Roberta. The children today spend hours on their phones and the internet, and the news is full of "politicians" babbling about "taking our country back" which is a codified mask for white supremacy. Then again the "at home" statement IS correct - because the young ones can be corrected by their parents if the parents are around enough to teach them.
    I hear you baby but children dont come into this world hating they learn hating in the home.

Fondly,

Roberta

Roberta

When you have angry people, mentally unstable people, racists, people suffering from severe medical conditions such as PTSD and schizophrenia and you give them easy access to guns of all kinds ~ you end up with these senseless acts.

It's a shame that they stay in the news for a day or two and are then replaced a week later by other similar stories.

It is amazing that a country that prides itself on being an outstanding example to other countries has such archaic and obsolete laws that do not protect your society at all ~ all in the name of individual rights.

Hi Marv... You have never acted like a bigot. We have had some offline frank and reasonable discussion on this very subject a while back. You are well read. I don't see all the posts because of the blocking feature; but it is funny for someone that dislikes you there sure is much interest in your postings!

I rest my case!
    Such vile language from a church "lady".

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    When you have angry people, mentally unstable people, racists, people suffering from severe medical conditions such as PTSD and schizophrenia and you give them easy access to guns of all kinds ~ you end up with these senseless acts.

It's a shame that they stay in the news for a day or two and are then replaced a week later by other similar stories.

It is amazing that a country that prides itself on being an outstanding example to other countries has such archaic and obsolete laws that do not protect your society at all ~ all in the name of individual rights.
    Individual rights until it comes to an individual wanting an abortion, to marry someone of the same sex, or vote without undue restraint. The people who claim to believe in individual rights are also [[by and large) those who want to tell others how to live. And as far as staying in the news for a short time, do you remember the 'outrage' after the Sandy Hook massacre? The politicians said that gun control was a bad idea and that they'd focus on preventing mentally deficient people from getting access to firearms. Take a guess as to how well they've done in that regard.

If a school full of dead babies and a church full of Christians can't shake this country up, then nothing will. The only thing that will give our elected officials pause would be someone shooting up a chamber of congressmen and senators. [[I didn't mention the president because I think they'd like that.)

Do not feed the troll!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Such vile language from a church "lady".
    Really!!!!!!! Thats all you have to contribute? Nothing about the murder of 9 innocent people worshipping in a church gunned down by a racist and hateful and disgusting bigot. Smh just smh.

These statitstics should scare everyone. What the heck is wrong with the far right in this here country.

Cops Bought Dylan Roof Burger King Hours After Charleston Shooting…

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7645216.html

These statitstics should scare everyone. What the heck is wrong with the far right in this here country.
    Just about everything's wrong with the far right, if you ask me! It's my opinion that the far right, the confederate flag, the NRA, the tea party, and many more examples are really institutionalized and "cleverly" hidden white supremecist groups.