[REMOVE ADS]

In Memoriam: Robin Thicke's Career

Oh WOW!!

He can rise again.

S.S.

​Rest in pieces.................And throw them to the wind.

It's all rather sad really. If you take away the nonsense he is actually a very talented singer/songwriter. I hope he can eventually make some kind of comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyacey View Post
    ​Rest in pieces.................And throw them to the wind.
    Yes, yes it is OVA!

Thank the stars above. I never understood the appeal. Kind of like Milli Vanilli.

Great! Now when I hear one of his father's pitches for that tax relief company, I'll have icky visions of him copulatin' to "Blurred Lines". I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

I have learned to never count anyone out. Robin Thicke may be back, and he might actually do OK..

Every time I see his mug, I wanna throw up now.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Great! Now when I hear one of his father's pitches for that tax relief company, I'll have icky visions of him copulatin' to "Blurred Lines". I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

I have learned to never count anyone out. Robin Thicke may be back, and he might actually do OK..
    Boy you crazy! LOL!!!! oh LOL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Boy you crazy! LOL!!!! oh LOL!!!!!
    No, Chris Brown keeps coming back. And, if Justin Beiber does a new album, he will be back, too.

No, Chris Brown keeps coming back. And, if Justin Beiber does a new album, he will be back, too.
    Yes, all it takes is a hit single. R. Kelly, anyone?

Chris Brown made a comeback of sorts with some songs but his album flopped. Justin Bieber is getting older so I don't think if he comes back, his sales will be as stellar as they were in the beginning since he's no longer 14-15. R. Kelly just happened to make really good songs that people connected to [["Ignition [[Remix)" is a classic by now).

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Chris Brown made a comeback of sorts with some songs but his album flopped. Justin Bieber is getting older so I don't think if he comes back, his sales will be as stellar as they were in the beginning since he's no longer 14-15. R. Kelly just happened to make really good songs that people connected to [["Ignition [[Remix)" is a classic by now).
    Thicke is far more talented than either of those two clowns.
    R.Kelly's recent pair of retro albums suggest his best work may be in front of him. I admit his most recent effort was dire but make no mistake that guy is seriously talented and will be around for a long time yet.

This thread makes me LOL.

Thicke was on the scene well before 2013, with 2 Gold and 1 Platinum album well prior to "Blurred Lines". All that lawsuit did was put a dent in his wallet; he'll be twerking to the rest of the bank the rest of his life.

The end of his career? I'd imagine some wish they'd have HALF the career as Thicke.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post

Thicke was on the scene well before 2013, with 2 Gold and 1 Platinum album well prior to "Blurred Lines". All that lawsuit did was put a dent in his wallet; he'll be twerking to the rest of the bank the rest of his life.

The end of his career? I'd imagine some wish they'd have HALF the career as Thicke.
    Preach Mary Brewster preach.

Fondly,

Roberta

Well, i'm sure if his wife, Paula, divorced him, she took half of his earnings, too, and there's that little thing about child support. If that happened, he can finger all the ass he wants and work on his comeback album.

People indeed forget that he has been making albums for more than a decade now, and is very talented. He's going to have to sell that point next time out, and really concentrate on his music.

Thing is, as embarrassing as the "Paula" album was, it is still very good. That, alone, proves that the man is a talented musician, singer, songwriter, and producer. I'm thinking the reason people write him off so quick is because they only know about him from "Blurred Lines".

I don't care how successful he is. I wouldn't want his career if my life depended on it. I do not respect him as a person nor as a musician. And yes, I've listened to his earlier stuff. Still garbage in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    I don't care how successful he is. I wouldn't want his career if my life depended on it. I do not respect him as a person nor as a musician. And yes, I've listened to his earlier stuff. Still garbage in my opinion.

Well there you have it folks! I totally understand and concur!

So judgemental! I certainly hope you guys have conducted your lives in a way that is above reproach so no one will stand in judgement of you.

I haven't read the article posted yet, but I will say this regarding the RIP to his career. R&B audiences for almost a decade have supported him. "Blurred Lines" was a blessing and a curse. The blessing that he recorded the biggest song of his career. He got his #1 record on the pop charts. The curse is that he is now known to the mainstream as a one hit wonder. Robin is still being played on R&B/Soul stations. Matter of fact within the last year he had a new song that was played often. So the only thing that has happened is that the "Pop" audience treats him like they did before BL.

So judgemental! I certainly hope you guys have conducted your lives in a way that is above reproach so no one will stand in judgement of you.
    Soulster, I'm not a judgmental person, but I cannot respect anyone who has made the choices he has made. His music is salacious and he conducts his life in a rather self-centered and reproachable manner. I don't consider myself "better" than him, but I do not condone some of his choices. That does not make me snooty, or arrogant, or judgmental. Why should I respect anyone who cheats on their spouse on numerous occasions and sings songs with degrading lyrics [[not just referring to BL, by the way)?

I will repeat. I am not judging him as a person, but I am not condoning his actions or his music. And I am not judging anyone for liking his music. However, my previous post stands. i would never chose the path that he has chosen and I will not loose a moment's sleep should he never have a hit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Thicke is far more talented than either of those two clowns.
    R.Kelly's recent pair of retro albums suggest his best work may be in front of him. I admit his most recent effort was dire but make no mistake that guy is seriously talented and will be around for a long time yet.
    I'm dying to find out how he's more talented than Chester the Molester lol

I'm dying to find out how he's more talented than Chester the Molester lol
    Don't waste time dying!! Just listen to the music and you will be enlightened!

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    Soulster, I'm not a judgmental person, but I cannot respect anyone who has made the choices he has made. His music is salacious and he conducts his life in a rather self-centered and reproachable manner. I don't consider myself "better" than him, but I do not condone some of his choices. That does not make me snooty, or arrogant, or judgmental. Why should I respect anyone who cheats on their spouse on numerous occasions and sings songs with degrading lyrics [[not just referring to BL, by the way)?

I will repeat. I am not judging him as a person, but I am not condoning his actions or his music. And I am not judging anyone for liking his music. However, my previous post stands. i would never chose the path that he has chosen and I will not loose a moment's sleep should he never have a hit again.
    You just judged him again.

Again, I hope none of you who are sitting in judgement of Robin Thicke have lived perfect, exemplary lives. Don't want to be hypocritical, now.

You just judged him again.

Again, I hope none of you who are sitting in judgement of Robin Thicke have lived perfect, exemplary lives. Don't want to be hypocritical, now.
    No, you're missing my point. I'm not judging him as a person. At no point did I say he was a lower person than I. That would be judging. All I said was that I think a lot of his choices are reprehensible. Not approving of those choices doesn't make me judgmental. It makes me human. It is ridiculous to expect that I have to approve of everyone's life choices for me to not be considered judgmental. How is not approving of him cheating on his wife considered judgmental? How is not liking his music judgmental?

Second, at no point did I say or even hint at leading a perfect life. However, me not being perfect doesn't mean I shouldn't hold people to some level of decency and respect.
    Last edited by antceleb12; 06-10-2015 at 06:04 PM.

antceleb2,

One more and i'll back off. You say you don't respect, or want anything to do with Robin Thicke's music because of his behavior, right. Do you like and listen to Marvin Gaye, James Brown, David Ruffin, Lou Rawls, or Ike & Tina Turner?

antceleb2,

One more and i'll back off. You say you don't respect, or want anything to do with Robin Thicke's music because of his behavior, right. Do you like and listen to Marvin Gaye, James Brown, David Ruffin, Lou Rawls, or Ike & Tina Turner?

antceleb2,

Good point!

Trying to make a comeback on the BET awards last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Trying to make a comeback on the BET awards last night.
    I know , right? I saw that too. LOL! Smokey looked at him like you'd better not try ripping any of my songs off! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I know , right? I saw that too. LOL! Smokey looked at him like you'd better not try ripping any of my songs off! LOL!!!
    Ha ha. Nice one!

So we're picking on an artist who knocked off a classic song from Marvin, who then decided to really keep imitating him by proceeding to cheat on his wife like Marvin did, and then wrote an album to the divorcing wife like Marvin did?

I only have two words - Sexual Healing.

If Marvin could have a huge comeback after all those shenanigans, the possibility of one still exists for Robin Thicke.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    So we're picking on an artist who knocked off a classic song from Marvin, who then decided to really keep imitating him by proceeding to cheat on his wife like Marvin did, and then wrote an album to the divorcing wife like Marvin did?

I only have two words - Sexual Healing.

If Marvin could have a huge comeback after all those shenanigans, the possibility of one still exists for Robin Thicke.
    If you read my earlier posts in this thread you will see that I have praised Robin Thicke's talent. I hope he does manage to come back from this one day. I was merely laughing at Marv's amusing comment. No offence intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Don't waste time dying!! Just listen to the music and you will be enlightened!
    Lol I mean I do see his talent. I think his album he released after The Evolution was good. Lost Without U was probably his best record. He needs to return to that.

antceleb2,

I still shake my head at the mess Lou Rawls got into... but I still listen to his music. Robin Thicke's actions were less reprehensible so I don't know why anyone would not listen to someone for being a cheater. I mean, people still listen to Lionel Richie, right?

Lol I mean I do see his talent. I think his album he released after The Evolution was good. Lost Without U was probably his best record. He needs to return to that.
    Yes he does but whether he will is debatable.

^ True, that's what I'm worried about. I don't want to see a nearly 40-year-old man continue to chase teenage success [[Blurred Lines obviously was a hit with teens).

Robin Thicke sounded pretty good during the Smokey Robinson tribute at the BET awards. He can definitely comeback. He had hits before "Blurred Lines" and will have hits again.

I still shake my head at the mess Lou Rawls got into... but I still listen to his music. Robin Thicke's actions were less reprehensible so I don't know why anyone would not listen to someone for being a cheater. I mean, people still listen to Lionel Richie, right?
    People have to decide for themselves what is best.

^ True, that's what I'm worried about. I don't want to see a nearly 40-year-old man continue to chase teenage success [[Blurred Lines obviously was a hit with teens).
    It was a hit with adults, too. Trust me on this. And, he does have a new song out there, and an upcoming new album.