[REMOVE ADS]

Chaka Khan in Brooklyn - Billboard's Review

http://www.billboard.com/articles/re...concert-review

Nothing says summer quite like two-stepping in a park -- a theorem that was put into practice during the opening night [[June 3) of Celebrate Brooklyn's 37th season [[presented by BRIC), which featured the legendary Chaka Khan. The Queen of Funk heated up the unseasonably chilly park with a set that spanned her greatest hits, while showcasing her still-vibrant voice. Aside from Khan's trademark range [[encompassing everything from growls to wails), the set also paid tribute to the grooves and riffs that have backed her numerous hits. While rock audiences might play air guitar, at a Chaka show you see air synth to the tune of "I'm Every Woman's" disco-y key changes, and even the diva herself busting out a little air slap bass to the unforgettable "Tell Me Something Good."

At 62, Khan is still an onstage force to be reckoned with [[yes, there was a costume change), shaking her magenta curls and strutting to every corner of the stage as she sang songs almost twice as old as the average audience member. That's not to say that the crowd was devoid of longtime fans, however -- one man in particular was showing anyone who would look his tattooed tribute to long-defunct New York City dance music mecca Paradise Garage, where Khan performed during her heyday. Old and new fans alike bopped together, though, from the moment Khan hit the stage with "Do You Love What You Feel," singing the prophetic line "I wanna dance all/I wanna dance all night," until the jubilant conclusion of "Ain't Nobody."

Set List
    "Do You Love What You Feel"
    "I Feel for You"
    "Earth Song"
    "I'm A Woman [[I'm A Backbone)"
    "What Cha' Gonna Do for Me"
    "Papillon"
    "Through the Fire"
    "Angel"
    "Love Me Still"
    "Everlasting Love"
    "Please Pardon Me"
    "Stay"
    "Sweet Thing"
    "And the Melody Still Lingers On [[Night in Tunisia)" [Interlude]
    "My Funny Valentine"
    "Tell Me Something Good"
    "I'm Every Woman"
    "Ain't Nobody"

Sounds like a great night.

What a dream set list for a true fan....she did nearly every song I would want to hear.