[REMOVE ADS]

Another lawsuitagainst anita baker

What is this woman's problem? She is a magnificent vocalist but I can say hand on heart that she is the rudest celebrity I have ever had the misfortune to come across. It is a tragic waste of a monumental talent. She should have released at least twice as many albums as she has done but she appears to upset everyone she comes into contact with. I have given up on ever hearing her much promised new album. As much as I admire her talent I have no sympathy whatsoever with her issues. I know she suffered from depression but so did I , and I am not awkward and unreasonable like she is.

Anita is a full blown hot a$$ mess. I think these legal issues - and probably some personal problems - are reasons her career has always been on some hiatus. I don't wanna guess drug and alcohol issues but something has always bothered me about Anita.

I heard she is the most difficult to deal with in the music industry among producers, her diva attitude precedes her, she also has a bad rep for treating her musicians poorly. Bad attitude.

S.S.

that's nothin- you guys shoulda seen the beef going on betwix her and Cheryl Lynn the other day on Twitter - she got read like yesterday's newspaer but I guess they kissed and made up...

https://twitter.com/itscheryllynn

Oh dear............

She got into it with Ms. "Got To Be Real"/"Encore" Cheryl Lynn? For WHAT!? Anita's a trip.

Re the Anita / Cheryl Twitter feud, I don't think Anita responded all that much. Cheryl kept it going on and on with various tweets.

Some have speculated that it wasn't the real Cheryl Lynn doing the Tweeting. If it was or not, it is probably the most attention she has gotten in years. Too bad, as it really seems petty. And she still has a great voice to boot!

Yeah Anita didn't seem to respond. In one reply, she actually gave love to Anita's voice. My guess is someone brought up Anita and Cheryl caught some feelings over it.

I didn't realize til this week that Baby face has also sued her.

Cheryl recently made an appearance on big BET special and got a lot of attention and applause...or was it the Stevie special?...about a month ago.

^^ Suing who? Anita?

Yes Anita...over royalties to a song.

^ Yeah I googled it. I had forgotten all about it.

Anita could start an argument in an empty room. We need less of this and more of what she does so well - singing! Where the hell is that new album?

^ Who knows? It seems Anita's troubles have overshadowed what was a great career which inspired Mary J. Blige to leave the streets alone and take music seriously. When R&B used to just INSPIRE others to find their way and now you see the fallout of what happens when the lights stop dimming and you have to face reality and sometimes reality can be ugly for someone used to everything, as it happens to all of them eventually so Anita of course wasn't gonna be immune to it but her way of handling it is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Anita could start an argument in an empty room. We need less of this and more of what she does so well - singing! Where the hell is that new album?
    And like most decent regular folks Anita Baker needs to pay her darned bills.

Roberta

Roberta - She could pay her darned bills by releasing new product instead of recording all this material and then refusing to release it. There must be at least four albums worth of material in the can. I would buy any new product by her as would many others.