[REMOVE ADS]

Rochelle Fleming interview

Hello soul music lovers! Below is a link to my interview with Rochelle Fleming of First Choice. Hope you enjoy.

http://soultrain.com/2015/05/27/qa-r...-first-choice/

Great read; thanks for posting. Ms. Fleming was quite poised for a high-schooler, wasn't she? I regret I devalued FC as "wannabees" for too long and have been steadily getting back into their music; really good quality and excellently sung.

I enjoyed it. Thank you for the link

Thanks for your cmments everyone!

First Choice had a very unique sound, they were the Queens of the Salsoul sound. Interesting that the women were barely 18 when Armed and Extremely Dangerous came out! Rochelle's "OH YEAH!" vocal from Let No Man Put Asunder has been sampled so many times that she's a clear example of a vocalist who needs to be a millionaire just based off the samples alone even if she wasn't the writer!

EDIT: Just read below that she's starting to get residuals from it so that's good.
    Last edited by midnightman; 05-29-2015 at 06:20 PM.

LOL at Stevie singing along to Smarty Pants and Rochelle telling him to be quiet. XD

Rochelle Fleming, unique and special talent. I met her before in Philly, my best buddy from college is her dentist! LOL! Very nice lady that can sing her face off!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    First Choice had a very unique sound, they were the Queens of the Salsoul sound. Interesting that the women were barely 18 when Armed and Extremely Dangerous came out! Rochelle's "OH YEAH!" vocal from Let No Man Put Asunder has been sampled so many times that she's a clear example of a vocalist who needs to be a millionaire just based off the samples alone even if she wasn't the writer!

EDIT: Just read below that she's starting to get residuals from it so that's good.
    Midnightman, did you know that at least once a week on NYC's major Urban radio station, WBLS , they play Rochelle with First Choice's "It's A Love Thang [[Treat Me Right") and have done so every week for the last 20 years!

Quote Originally Posted by funkyone71 View Post
    Thanks for your cmments everyone!

Thank you Funkyone71 for sharing this interview with a most under recognized star with us.

Joyce Jones, the third original member of the trio "First Choice" had a somewhat crude video of herself up on Youtube just a few years ago reminding viewers who she was and the group "First Choice. if I can find it again, I will post it here.

Found it! Here's Joyce Jones!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Midnightman, did you know that at least once a week on NYC's major Urban radio station, WBLS , they play Rochelle with First Choice's "It's A Love Thang [[Treat Me Right") and have done so every week for the last 20 years!
    I actually didn't. Lol it took me years to realize that Chubb Rock sampled that song...once I heard the original, I was like "WAIT Chubb sampled that!" Lmao

You are more than welcome Marv!! I'm thankful that you enjoyed it.

Thank you Funkyone. Love Rochelle Fleming and First Choice.