[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wells Two Lovers History

thanks for posting.Beautiful Mary. "Two Lovers History" was the flip of "The Doctor" , written & produced by Mary & Cecil they also recorded a great version of "Two Lovers History" on the Valentinos with Curtis singing lead, that was also issued on Jubilee.

I was wondering what show MW was doing when I originally saw the clip but no one provided a name then. Thanks!

I got a quick ? though: was Mary doing ALL the vocals in the studio version? I only ask because on Servin' Some Soul, it seemed there was double Mary on it. Was that true or did Cecil add his own vocal?

yes, Cecil did a lot of the background vocals in a high falsetto.

Thanks for sharing this Carole Cucumber,I always liked this song,it had that Motown style.

I think this was the best song Mary did on Jubilee and this side of the single got some R&B airplay, although it was the A side, The Doctor, that charted.

By the way, she is singing "live" over the actual backing track for the record.