[REMOVE ADS]

Exclamation The Supremes [[MSC) - TV Advertisement [1975]

Hi! Yesterday i read about that The Supremes [[Mary Wilson, Cindy Birdsong and Scherrie Payne) performed a song called: "You Can Live With it Baby" in a TV Spot. This aired between late 1975 and 1976.

If anyone here have the advertisement
    in video or just a pic would be great.

This is actually a radio spot for High Blood Pressure. The song is clever and catchy. It was supposed to go on The Final Sessions box set. We even gave it a brand-new mix, but it got pulled at the last minute over questions of rights. However, I believe we did play it on John Perrone's Nightflight at the time. We'll have to play it again some time since we can't actually issue it at the moment. And of course, if we ever get to do the 70s Supremes Lost & Found, we'll be sure to work on getting the rights to issue it there. Side note: The Geoffrey Holder Genie segment from their live shows was also to be included in the box set. However, we had delays getting Geoffrey's sign off in time, so the segment got dropped late in the game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    This is actually a radio spot for High Blood Pressure. The song is clever and catchy. It was supposed to go on The Final Sessions box set. We even gave it a brand-new mix, but it got pulled at the last minute over questions of rights. However, I believe we did play it on John Perrone's Nightflight at the time. We'll have to play it again some time since we can't actually issue it at the moment. And of course, if we ever get to do the 70s Supremes Lost & Found, we'll be sure to work on getting the rights to issue it there. Side note: The Geoffrey Holder Genie segment from their live shows was also to be included in the box set. However, we had delays getting Geoffrey's sign off in time, so the segment got dropped late in the game as well.
    Hey Andy how have you been? There was also a TV commercial/ ad spot /PSA featuring Mary, Cindy and Scherrie singing "You can live with it baby, you can live with it baby, if you do what the man tells you too......"
    It was aired frequently in the Detroit viewing area on WJBK Channel 2 [[a CBS affiliate at that time) starting in late '75 through to the summer of '76. Copies of it are out there among collectors.

I remember that tv ad. Mary had the full lead vocal and she sounded great on it. If memory serves me they wore the same gowns as used on The Tonight Show when they did He's My Man?

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I remember that tv ad. Mary had the full lead vocal and she sounded great on it. If memory serves me they wore the same gowns as used on The Tonight Show when they did He's My Man?
    Exactly.....................

Attachment 9409

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Exactly.....................

Attachment 9409
    You sure know your Supremes dresses Marv2. well done.

Roberta, most heterosexual men, from the Supremes era, remember all their gowns and wigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Roberta, most heterosexual men, from the Supremes era, remember all their gowns and wigs.
    Thats real interesting Penny. I know my homosexual gentleman friends know about all the gowns the supremes was wearing but I didn't know about other men's.

how are you dear Penny are you still working for Avon.

yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Roberta, so nice to hear from you. Yes I have heard rumors for years that heterosexual men have known all about the Supremes I quit the AVON. I am now retired and playing in the sun. I might pick up some part time Mary Kaye. I like working with cosmetics. Take care Roberta.

Roberta, so nice to hear from you. Yes I have heard rumors for years that heterosexual men have known all about the Supremes I quit the AVON. I am now retired and playing in the sun. I might pick up some part time Mary Kaye. I like working with cosmetics. Take care Roberta.
    May God grant you a happy and long retirements dear lady.

Blessings to you always my dear.

your friend.

Roberta

Is not just a rumor, it's true... I'm heterosexual i don't know all about the Supremes, but I know many heterosexual mens, that know everything about The Supremes...

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    Is not just a rumor, it's true... I'm heterosexual i don't know all about the Supremes, but I know many heterosexual mens, that know everything about The Supremes...
    I have lots of homosexual gentlemens that know everything about the Supremes they are real real knowledgable about wigs and shoes and gowns and stage patter but i have to be honest the only heterosexual gentlemen that i come acrross that have that knowledge are the few like Marv and bradsupremes that post in this here forum and God bless them for sharing all they knowledge in this here forum.

Roberta

Okay. But just returning to the subject ... No one has at least a photo of the Advertisement?