[REMOVE ADS]

Question Missing Former Supreme Albums...

Whatever has happened to the "Supremely Yours II" CD by Scherrie, Lynda, and Joyce, and to Mary Wilson's "Life's Been Good To Me" album?

The Mary release was talked about for YEARS. Two singles came out on itunes [[Life's Been Good, Johnny Mae), and there was press announcing the album at least two or three years ago [[then when it was called "Clarity" I believe), yet it never came out. Why? And will it ever be released?

The Former Ladies' album was due two years ago. Their splendid version of "Dance With My Father" was previewed and is available on YouTube, yet the album never came out. Steve Weaver, who produced it, was said to be ill, and that was supposedly the delay. Will this album ever come out??? [[I see the thread that states Scherrie Payne is now working on a solo album; is that in addition to the Former Ladies' release or in place of it?)

I know it is hard for artists to sell CD's in this day and time, yet surely these women all have enough following to sell a few thousand copies - enough to pay for the manufacturing and so forth. Independent artists release product all the time... CD Baby is always an avenue for selling such product.

C'mon Mary and FLO's - Your fan base is not getting any younger!!!! We want these releases!

It was announced on here recently that the Flos cd was again being readied for release. Mary's remains a mystery. Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    It was announced on here recently that the Flos cd was again being readied for release. Mary's remains a mystery. Welcome!
    Well, not quite, Luke. What Steve actually posted on May 7 was that "I hope to get some serious time booked in the studio after I've been with the ladies [[and Dennis's Tempts) in Brussels & Switzerland at the end of this month."

If studio time is still pending, I wouldn't feel that the album is being "readied" for actual release. At one point, about a year ago, he indicated that the few tracks that were done would be released on iTunes shortly. I am so sorry that that never happened, because if fans have purchased those few tracks on iTunes, perhaps it would have provided the resources to finish the CD.

Most importantly, it is true that Steve has had serious health issues due to an accident. We all pray for his full and complete recovery above all.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/SupremelyYours2

The Facebook page dedicated to Supremely Yours 2 has not been updated for almost a year. I wasn't aware there was any current activity going on with the CD? Is that on Steve's Facebook page? I hope it's soon before I'm in a nursing home!

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/SupremelyYours2

The Facebook page dedicated to Supremely Yours 2 has not been updated for almost a year. I wasn't aware there was any current activity going on with the CD? Is that on Steve's Facebook page? I hope it's soon before I'm in a nursing home!
    Yes, it was, Blueskies. I wish these tracks would just appear on iTunes. Prayers to Steve!