Views: 651
Size:  62.0 KBName:  louis3.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  96.5 KBName:  louis4.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  30.8 KBName:  louis5.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  86.9 KB

Thank you Timmy for this collection of memorable pictures. I remember that first one, the Rock and Soul Magazine cover.

Great tribute. Thank you timmyfunk

For the life of me I don't know how the hell I missed that Rock N Soul issue back in 78 when I
    was all over just about every act listed on the cover, especially P-Funk, Maurice White's
    EWF and the Ohio Players. Dang!...Unfortunately google books doesn't appear to have back
    issues references likeit does for some magazines like Jet...RIP, anyway, Louis J...thanks for
    all of the great music.....

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    For the life of me I don't know how the hell I missed that Rock N Soul issue back in 78 when I
    was all over just about every act listed on the cover, especially P-Funk, Maurice White's
    EWF and the Ohio Players. Dang!...Unfortunately google books doesn't appear to have back
    issues references likeit does for some magazines like Jet...RIP, anyway, Louis J...thanks for
    all of the great music.....
    I went to Colony Records one night after a concert. They had a glass case filled with old music magazines. And low and behold, they had four issues of Rock & Soul magazine, including this issue. $15.00 a piece. There was no way in the world I could leave that magazine in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    I went to Colony Records one night after a concert. They had a glass case filled with old music magazines. And low and behold, they had four issues of Rock & Soul magazine, including this issue. $15.00 a piece. There was no way in the world I could leave that magazine in the store.
    Colony use to be my favorite record store!

I found an original copy of Osmium by Parliament in 1983 at Colony for $50.00. A steal in this day and age.

He will not be easily forgotten.......just listen to my favorite!

Who in the hell was the set designer for that appearance? Louis Johnson is barely visible.