[REMOVE ADS]

Turn Around - Mary Wilson!

New York City memories from 1996!

supremester Guest
    I don't know why Mary never thanks Scherrie & Susaye for not allowing her to return to The Supremes. Had they said "yes" Mary's solo career and gems like this may never have happened.

I'm quite sure that Mary feels deep inside that her solo career didn't happen and that what she made of it occurred through her tenacity. It appears that she has some feelings that some of the others held her back at times - probably like Return To Love

supremester Guest
    Well, Mary didn't get the career she hoped for [[record contract etc) but between her royalties from DR&TS, her tawdry tome royalties, renting out the costumes and her solo gigs, she's done very well for herself, considering everything. And who knows if that chicken shit wife beater Pedro paid support?

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Well, Mary didn't get the career she hoped for [[record contract etc) but between her royalties from DR&TS, her tawdry tome royalties, renting out the costumes and her solo gigs, she's done very well for herself, considering everything. And who knows if that chicken shit wife beater Pedro paid support?
    She's probably thankful that she never had to pay him Spousal Support. I'm not sure what the laws were back then, but at least today in California, the victim of Domestic Violence usually isn't obligated to the DV perpetrator for Spousal Support, even if [[as it would have been in Mary's case) she makes a lot more money than he does.

This along with "CTMEOY" was among Mary's best material.

This is one of my favorite songs Mary recorded in the 90's. I use to hear it on WWRL in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This is one of my favorite songs Mary recorded in the 90's. I use to hear it on WWRL in NYC.
    Isnt that lovely.

I love red hot, and U.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    I love red hot, and U.
    I Wonder why they didnt chart and please dont holler lack of promottion.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I Wonder why they didnt chart and please dont holler lack of promottion.

Roberta
    In another thread, Marv said that the Diana Ross led Supremes had no hits until HDH stepped in. So maybe Mary had no hits because HDH were not involved with those songs.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    In another thread, Marv said that the Diana Ross led Supremes had no hits until HDH stepped in. So maybe Mary had no hits because HDH were not involved with those songs.
    But with the ecexption of two or three that drink his koolaid Marv doesnt have a lot of credibility round here no more.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I don't know why Mary never thanks Scherrie & Susaye for not allowing her to return to The Supremes. Had they said "yes" Mary's solo career and gems like this may never have happened.
    I wish they would have let her back in.......MSS were on the right track with "MSS" and "High Energy." I think one more album would have took them over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    I love red hot, and U.
    \

Well my other best, favorite from the 90s by Mary was "Walk The Line"!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    \

Well my other best, favorite from the 90s by Mary was "Walk The Line"!

Marv did u see Mary perform Walk the Line at Pine Knob in the late 90's? She tore it up.

Hot hot hot. U tell em Mary.