[REMOVE ADS]

Wake Up John Lester, It's You-Know-Who

Is that Gayle & Annette with Cal?

yes it is.......

where the action is

Oh ma gawd....oh ma gawd....ph my gawd

Although it's been said that Gayle _____ tried to "take over" The Velvelettes when she was ever-so-briefly a member [[and thus was fired/not invited back), she certainly was an energetic performer and had the lip-synch down for the background. She actually showed more energy than Annette did! And maybe I was just over-focused on watching Gayle, but Miss Cal didn't seem to get much camera time or the best shots in this terrific clip! If she hasn't seen this before/in a long time, I'd be interested in hearing her reactions and recollections, John!

Cal was given this clip and 3 others from the show...by way of Dick Clark. He was a big fan of the Velvelettes. He allowed a clip of He Was Really Saying Something to be included in Motown 40. The other songs featured were Lonely Lonely Girl Am I and Should I Tell Them

Great seeing the ladies! I accidentally posted another thread before reading through.

The Velvelettes are really cool but the gyrations of the Action Kids on this is driving me crazy, LOL

So, how does Gayle/Gail fit into the Velvelettes story?

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    So, how does Gayle/Gail fit into the Velvelettes story?
    Please see post #6
    Dan remembers John Lester recounting [[via information given by Cal Street) that Gayle/Gail from Baltimore [[no-one seems to remember her last name) became a Velvelette after Norma/Millie/Bertha decided that they wanted to pursue other opportunities [[careers, family). She was very pushy [[in John's words via Cal "wanted to take over the group'') and lasted a very short time.
    This is perhaps her only taped performance with the group, if not in fact her only performance.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Please see post #6
    Dan remembers John Lester recounting [[via information given by Cal Street) that Gayle/Gail from Baltimore [[no-one seems to remember her last name) became a Velvelette after Norma/Millie/Bertha decided that they wanted to pursue other opportunities [[careers, family). She was very pushy [[in John's words via Cal "wanted to take over the group'') and lasted a very short time.
    This is perhaps her only taped performance with the group, if not in fact her only performance.
    They did 4 songs...Both sides of needle, HWRSS and an edited version of LLGAI

Thanks for the extra info John. BTW, check the 'Ben E King' passed' thread on the main forum.

I'm in Bulgaria on a weak internet connection....was there a specific post to check out?

John: It's just about the flip of It's Amazing, Where's The Girl. It can wait until you're back in Blighty - John [[another one)