[REMOVE ADS]

Cop Kicks Black Man In Face In Brutal Video

From Dover, Delaware:

I saw that. The previous grand jury declined to indict him. I wonder why it took two years to come to light?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I saw that. The previous grand jury declined to indict him. I wonder why it took two years to come to light?
    They claim that because of the current climate in the country.......they held it back.

That's not a good excuse. You charge somebody with a crime because of the climate of the country, but not because you think him guilty? That's the wrong reason to do it and it shows the hypocritical nature of people in the criminal justice system. A grand jury saw a pig kick a man in the face and didn't think it worthy to go to court? A man who was cooperating after being stopped for BEING BLACK WHILE WALKING DOWN THE FUCKING STREET AT NIGHT. So that's now a crime?

God help us, we don't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    They claim that because of the current climate in the country.......they held it back.
    I heard on Tavis Smiley [[I think) that they only released the video because an outside organization started investigating it.

That's not a good excuse. You charge somebody with a crime because of the climate of the country, but not because you think him guilty? That's the wrong reason to do it and it shows the hypocritical nature of people in the criminal justice system. A grand jury saw a pig kick a man in the face and didn't think it worthy to go to court? A man who was cooperating after being stopped for BEING BLACK WHILE WALKING DOWN THE FUCKING STREET AT NIGHT. So that's now a crime?

God help us, we don't stand a chance.
    You would never see him kick a dog or other animal like that! Such hatred and disregard for another human being is beyond disturbing. I mentioned street gangs earlier. I have never seen a street gang treat people this bad.

I have seen the old pictures of public lynching of black men from the early 20th Century and use to wonder how could those people stand around smiling, celebrating the murder of another human being and then set the body on fire right at their feet!
    Last edited by marv2; 05-10-2015 at 12:32 AM.

Unhappy

That is beyond disgusting. I'd like to think that one of the reasons it seems like an epidemic is our access to 24 hour news channels. I don't know. Is this racially motivated? Well, do you really need to hear him say "get on the ground "n" to believe differently.
    It is said that a not uncommon profile trait of someone attracted to being a policeman is the kind of person who is seduced by power.
    In the 60s, it was the police aka pigs that consistently hassled the hippie type. And the hippie was often white and from the 'burbs. But there is something far more uglier about what we are seeing now. Somehow the average young black male has become target practice for the police who think we are less than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    That is beyond disgusting. I'd like to think that one of the reasons it seems like an epidemic is our access to 24 hour news channels. I don't know. Is this racially motivated? Well, do you really need to hear him say "get on the ground "n" to believe differently.
    No! What I need to see is him kicking a white guy in the face and head. I need to see them shooting and strangle unarmed white, Asian etc guys. I need to see them pull an innocent white out of his car for a traffic violation and beat the shit out of him with a gang of his buddy cops........then I might believe it is not racially motivated!

It's about power and control. The racial aspect is more because nobody cares about the airing of African-American's grievances than it is about anything else. They do it because they are deranged. You have savage Black cops as well and they take out their frustrations on [[guess who?) Black people too. They do it to us because they are permitted to with impunity. So while it is racist behavior, race is a part of their problem but not all of it.

It's about power and control. The racial aspect is more because nobody cares about the airing of African-American's grievances than it is about anything else. They do it because they are deranged. You have savage Black cops as well and they take out their frustrations on [[guess who?) Black people too. They do it to us because they are permitted to with impunity. So while it is racist behavior, race is a part of their problem but not all of it.
    Deranged! That's it, that is the word I was thinking of when I saw this!

His lawyer seems to be a real piece of work. What the cop did was wrong. I'd like to see him get several years in prison and serve it in the general population. What he, and others like him did, is to make it so much harder for good cops to do theirs jobs properly.

I'm struggling with the concept of 'good cop'. I'm not suggesting that they are all goons, but why don't the 'good' ones turn the bad ones in? And would a 'good' one turn against the ones who reported that a brother in blue stepped over the line? If so, is he truly good or someone doing most of the job because it pays well? I understand it's a stressful, difficult, and oftentimes thankless job. But it taints the image of the devoted public servant when they stick together, even when one is obviously acting outside of the law.

I'm still reading. I just haven't felt the need to post because i'm in agreement with both of you.