[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Knight and the Pips TV series, 1975

Four episodes, summer replacement series. I remember watching it, but can't remember too many details. We need some video footage of these shows! Anybody got pictures, etc?

It premiered July 10, 1975. I don't remember it, but I was 8 years old and probably away at camp at the time. Nothing on Youtube.

I don't remember Gladys Knight and The Pips having a TV Series,1975.i'd love too see them.i hope someone post them.

Yes I remember their show. It was a summer replacement show. It was during the days when it was fun to watch real talent. When television was fun to watch.

I was 6, I remember watching it, but very few details... I do know if I'd see it again, it would all come flooding back, just like it did with Bobby Goldsboro's show, I remembered I watched it, but no details until I saw it, then it all came back! Tony Orlando and Dawn however was my favorite show, I DID remember the details on that!

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Four episodes, summer replacement series. I remember watching it, but can't remember too many details. We need some video footage of these shows! Anybody got pictures, etc?
    Jill it was a variety show in the same vein of the Tony Orlando & Dawn show. They performed skits, had guest stars and sang their greatest hits.

I remember and watched the show but cloudy on details of it. Others who had four week summer series back then were Melba Moore, Clifton Davis and Ben Vereen. All Buddah artists. I wonder if Buddah was affiliated with these shows. I may be wrong about this, but I seem to remember Ben and maybe Clifton on the Gladys show. But I don't remember Gladys and Pips on Ben's show.

I recently saw the Melba Moore-Clifton Davis Show on line somewhere, but the last and only time that I saw GK&P Show was when it was telecast originally.

Here is their first one. Too bad the Gladys and Pips aren't on You Tube

I watched the series every week during that summer of 1975. In recent years, I've watched the episodes at the Museum of TV in NYC. Guests included Robert Goulet, Sally Kellerman, Jimmie Walker, Clifton Davis, Lola Falana, George Carlin, Whitman Mayo, and Ben Vereen.

Each episode opened with the group singing the song COMING ON. Some of the performances on the series like GEORGIA ON MY MIND and the GOSPEL MEDLEY: HE'S MY KIND OF PEOPLE / JESUS IS JUST ALRIGHT WITH ME ended up being used on subsequent albums 2ND ANNIVERSARY and BLESS THIS HOUSE.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I see they sang Here Comes the Sunrise

It was not that great from what I remember - I saw maybe 3 or 4 shows.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    I don't remember Gladys Knight and The Pips having a TV Series,1975.i'd love too see them.i hope someone post them.
    There was a even a little talk at the time of the Supremes [[Mary, Cindy and Scherrie) having their own Summer replacement show.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    It was not that great from what I remember - I saw maybe 3 or 4 shows.
    Remember that these were summer shows on small summer budgets