[REMOVE ADS]

More Martha at Cheltenham

Another terrific review of Martha's recent gig at Cheltenham Jazz Festival!
    http://www.soulandjazzandfunk.com/re...al-252015.html

She does it again......

I love going to her concerts, I always have a great time

Dr martha Reeves is the best Motown perdformer out there today and a great and gracious and beautiful lady who sounds and look amazing. Shes also the most loved Motown performer in Europe imo and they just cant get enough of the First Lady of Motown Records.

Fondly,

Roberta

Great picture, too. Dr. Reeves looks magnificent!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Great picture, too. Dr. Reeves looks magnificent!
    She sure does my dear Robert.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    She sure does my dear Robert.

Roberta
    Ms. Roberta75 I have to say that my recognition and awareness of Ms. Reeves and the Vandellas has grown because of your admiration of them. I am glad to have your input and opinion into this forum. It has made me stop and realize things I may not have otherwise.
    Thank you.
    Thanxal.

supremester Guest
    Martha HAS evolved into a great entertainer. For years she was just a great singer, but now she is fun. Mary has also developed beautifully. We're lucky to have so many like Martha, Mary, Ross, Brenda, Velvelettes, Gladys - so many divas still alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Martha HAS evolved into a great entertainer. For years she was just a great singer, but now she is fun. Mary has also developed beautifully. We're lucky to have so many like Martha, Mary, Ross, Brenda, Velvelettes, Gladys - so many divas still alive and kicking.

Mary was the only reason I paid attention to the Supremes ......period!

Marv2 - If Mary was the only reason why you paid any attention to the Supremes then you missed out big time. I know you hate Diana but what about Jean, Scherrie and Susaye?

Hard to ignore these ladies in my humble opinion.

Well as Berry said Mary was the heart and soul of the Supremes and with her beauty as well she was sure the standout for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Ms. Roberta75 I have to say that my recognition and awareness of Ms. Reeves and the Vandellas has grown because of your admiration of them. I am glad to have your input and opinion into this forum. It has made me stop and realize things I may not have otherwise.
    Thank you.
    Thanxal.
    I am real humbled and touched by your kind words dear Thanxal.

thank you dear.

Roberta

May I remind everyones that this here thread is about the First Lady of Motown Records Dr Martha Reeves.

Duly noted Roberta!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Duly noted Roberta!!!
    Thank you dear.

fondly,

Roberta

And much respect to you Roberta. I am new to this forum but i have enjoyed reading your posts for quite some time. Your devotion to Martha is quite something and i only hope she appreciates what a loyal and devoted fan you are. She is very lucky to have you as indeed are we all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    And much respect to you Roberta. I am new to this forum but i have enjoyed reading your posts for quite some time. Your devotion to Martha is quite something and i only hope she appreciates what a loyal and devoted fan you are. She is very lucky to have you as indeed are we all.

She does my dear Bluebrock Dr. Reeves has been real kind and gracious to me over the years with signed photos and kind words and occasionnal emails and is always real sweet and lovely.

Fondly,

roberta

That is lovely to hear Roberta.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    I agree with the general point - so many stunning divas still alive and performing. In fact, am I right in thinking that the ONLY Motown group who's original members are all alive, and still performing is Martha and the Vandellas? Alas, the original Vandellas don't perform with Martha very often, but they are all of them still alive and kicking! And let's not forget the other divas who are no longer with us: Mary Wells, Gladys Horton, Tammi Terrell, Sandra Tilley [[a gorgeous Vandella, and lovely person too) and, of course, the Diva Divine, Flo. So many memories....

Sharpmoves

The Velvelettes still perform today with their ORIGINAL members and they will be in Skegness in September with Brenda Holloway Chris Clark and the Contours.

Tbfxt....does that mean that the contracts are now signed?

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Sharpmoves

The Velvelettes still perform today with their ORIGINAL members and they will be in Skegness in September with Brenda Holloway Chris Clark and the Contours.
    What I wouldn't give to see that concert!

I am going to be there. There will never be a better opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Tbfxt....does that mean that the contracts are now signed?
    I've booked the accommodation now.......so I will be there....wearing my "I Love the Velvelettes" t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Sharpmoves

Of course they do! And the longevity laurels must surely go to them - still performing together after five decades...it's fantastic.
    Meanwhile, apparently, after her Cheltenham gig, Martha was a naughty girl and stayed up into the small hours jamming! https://twitter.com/MARTHAREEVESvan/...43638088675328
    Last edited by Sharpmoves; 05-12-2015 at 10:46 AM.