[REMOVE ADS]

Great site for classic Soul - members required

Hi Guys

Can I point you in the direction of a great site that is basically a database of 1,000s of rare/classic soul & r&b tracks...just a click away!

www.classicsoulcentral.com

It's run by a couple of friends, and they've put a lot of work into this venture, they need some support and new members.

thanks
    Snakepit

Thanks snakepit,
    I don't know how much time I have to go there but it looks great, so I signed up.

S.S.

Done it Snakepit!

I took a quick look around and all I see are videos and no discussion. Not for me.

Soulster
    Each video has space below to add comments .
    Also there are forums...just spend some time looking around...it's confusing at first but it becomes easier with practice

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Soulster
    Each video has space below to add comments .
    Also there are forums...just spend some time looking around...it's confusing at first but it becomes easier with practice
    Trust me. I know how to navigate forums! I just didn't see anyone having discussions on the music.

Perhaps it is that I am generally turned off by constant postings of videos. I am not a van of watching videos of music on You Tube, either.

For others
    To comment on the music , scroll down below video...comment box allows talk and chat on each tune
    Forums..open tab for several forums
    Not a lot of comments so far, hence the appeal for new members to join in

I signed up

thanks

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Trust me. I know how to navigate forums! I just didn't see anyone having discussions on the music.

Perhaps it is that I am generally turned off by constant postings of videos. I am not a van of watching videos of music on You Tube, either.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  21.1 KB
    Clearly, that's because the website is new, and only a few people have seen it. There is a thread for each song, It will take time for enough people to see each individual thread on each song, to find some for which they will want to comment.

On THIS forum, we have interest in a given artist, record label or song, and make a new thread for it. On the new forum, they upload a song, and make a thread for it opened for discussion. Note that it is a website made by Brits, so it is oriented towards British Soul fandom and experience [[but that could change, with a mass of posters coming from USA and other countries).

As for me, I will give it a chance, by watching it for a while, to see if activity expands, and I will participate in threads for which I have interest.

Good luck with the new website, Larry!

To give clarity to above, this forum replaced the Twisted Wheel forum of old.
    For USA friends, The "Wheel" was an iconic club dedicated to classic uptempo Soul records. In the late 60s rare soul clubs were underground playing rarer soul 45s. The Wheel tends to be cited as the "premier" venue although others claim importance in the scene, which morphed into Northern Soul scene.
    The old Wheel forum was mainly populated by older Wheel members. The Wheel closed in 1971but was reactivated several years ago.
    The old site catered for old/new Wheel attenders collectors. when the Wheel original building was demolished recently , this new forum was born.
    I think the owners want more participation re comments uploading etc.
    Have fun...1,000s of tunes on it.

Thanks for posting the link, snakepit, I haven't joined yet but I am considering it. Unlike some folks I have absolutely no aversion to checking out music on youtube, dailymotion and
    other such sites. In fact I think their inventions are the greatest things to be created in the last 30 years. There are artists and even entire genres of music I would have never been able
    to discover and enjoy if not for them. Classic soul is not the only thing I listen to but it's right
    up at the top of my list of favorites and I'm constantly researching both male and female groups I may have missed in my coming up years. Even tracks from folks I thought I'd heard
    everything from...

Splanky
    I'm sure you will enjoy this site. Gives an insight to the many great tunes embraced by rare soul fans in the UK

If anybody has had a look at this site, you'll see that it has 1,000s of great tunes.
    Anybody wishing to 'sample' a few good tunes, look for the music tab, pull down and select random media.....you'll find a tune pulled from the database....if it's not your scene, just hit random again....until something 'pops' up for you.
    I'm discovering lots of stuff here.
    The main page is uploaded daily with tracks ....just check in to see today's playlist...leave comments if you wish.
    Have Fun

Terrific site and the random media function is very effective.... and provides an introduction to lesser known tracks.... for example, tracks that came up were Modern Day Woman... I already have the Masqueraders but didn't know it was done before by James Shorter..... although composer credits are different, it is the same song... Anyway, very well done on launching a really good site!

Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 05-18-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Heikki mentions these recordings and sets the record straight in his article on the Masqueraders....
    http://www.soulexpress.net/masqueraders_story.htm

Mike
    indeed...that James Shorter was one of the 'daily' posts. Not heard it before but loved it right off.
    Glad you liked the site. It's 'busy' at first I admit but a little bit of patience does the trick.
    You can filter 60s/70s/ ska etc too.

Bumping for anybody who has missed this thread.

If you have joined , I hope you are enjoying this site....discovering some class sounds....
    give it a try...you'll find some great sounds