[REMOVE ADS]

Don't miss this one!- MARVIN GAYE - SONG MEDLEY [[HY-LIT SHOW)

Now this is truly rare from Hy-Lit's Show in Philly. Marvin Gaye does a medley of his early hits! Now if we can just get Jerry Blavats to release some of his old shows and we'll see a lot of rare Motown!

Amazing footage, Marv. Just wonderful to see. What a terrific find. Thanks very much for posting.

Although Hy Lit is deceased, Hy's 2 radio shows are continuing on the air:

- HyLitRadio.com - Oldies
    - HyLitRhythm.com - Rhythm of Philadelphia
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 05-05-2015 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Amazing footage, Marv. Just wonderful to see. What a terrific find. Thanks very much for posting.

Although now deceased, Hy Lit's HyLitRadio.com is still happily on the air; two different shows: Oldies & R&B.
    I use to listen to Hy-Lit mostly on Sunday Nights during my Philly days. He was iconic along with other legendary Philadelphia DJ's like Georgie Woods, Butterball, Jerry Blavats the Geater with the Heater, Harvey Holiday, Mary Mason, and on and on and on......!
    Last edited by marv2; 05-06-2015 at 04:40 AM.

I assume that Hy Lit is a person. Is that right? Which years was this show on TV? Was it a national show?

Would Can I Be A Witness be his latest single?

Great clip isn't it. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I assume that Hy Lit is a person. Is that right? Which years was this show on TV? Was it a national show?

Hy-Lit was indeed a person with a BIG personality LOL! I don't know the exact years ,but his program ran from roughly the mid 60s to the very early 70s. It began as a local show and I just learned recently that it was syndicated to other markets/cities mostly along the East Coast of the US. "Can I Be A Witness would not have been his latest single at the time of this clip as I strongly believe this to be in the 1967-68 time frame.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now this is truly rare from Hy-Lit's Show in Philly. Marvin Gaye does a medley of his early hits! Now if we can just get Jerry Blavats to release some of his old shows and we'll see a lot of rare Motown!

Great find Marv,love it,wish these will appear on DVD one day,cheers

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post

I think this is from the same appearance where he and Tammi performed AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH, so that would make this from 1967. Many years ago, I bought a tape of old Marvin clips and I believe this was positioned next to the Marvin-Tammi appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Hy-Lit was indeed a person with a BIG personality LOL! I don't know the exact years ,but his program ran from roughly the mid 60s to the very early 70s. It began as a local show and I just learned recently that it was syndicated to other markets/cities mostly along the East Coast of the US. "Can I Be A Witness would not have been his latest single at the time of this clip as I strongly believe this to be in the 1967-68 time frame.
    Thank you for the information. Great clip too.

This is from 1967 because he did "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" with Tammi on the same show.

I first saw some of this footage on Marvin's episode of VH1 Legends back in 1996. That's why I'm so familiar with the footage. I figured it was some popular East Coast show.

Those early hits were so propulsive... I'm sure in later years Marvin loved those recordings.