[REMOVE ADS]

Tammi Terrell at the Roostertail 15 Jan 1967

Great performance link, Tbfxt. Tammi was so on and so wonderful. Thank you for posting.

Loved seeing this photo in the snapshot section, too! A great one:

http://www.mcrfb.com/wp-content/uplo...l-67-MCRFB.jpg

Loved this,Tammi Terrell Live At The Roostertail,Thanks for postin this, theboyfromxtown.

Thanks for the link, boy from xtown!

In another thread, Roger was putting a list together of all the Motown Mondays. They were all from 1966, but this one was recorded on Sunday, January 15, 1967, and aired on Monday the 16th...[[?)
    http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...he-Roostertail

Are there more of these Motown Monday recordings on that website, or elsewhere on the internet?
    Last edited by calvin; 04-26-2015 at 05:53 PM.

Calvin.

I didn't see any but then I didn't see the photo that Methuselah2 found!

There is this one, posted a few years ago and probably already linked in this forum. It has about 8 minutes of The Supremes. All the Four Tops songs at the end are cut off, but it seems to be from the same concert that was was released on LP [[and cd).

http://www.mcrfb.com/?p=19081

http://www.mcrfb.com/files/airchex//...%281966%29.mp3
    Last edited by calvin; 04-26-2015 at 08:26 AM.

WOW. It wasn't until when she sang "Baby Love" that I realized just how much she could sound like Diana!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Calvin.

I didn't see any but then I didn't see the photo that Methuselah2 found!
    Tbfxt - I almost missed it myself. I pressed on something and then suddenly the photo appeared. I thought other viewers could probably miss it easily [[as I almost did), so I thought I better add the direct link to it in my response.

I can see now that the 2 directional arrows [[pointing Back & Forth [[or West & East)) got me to the photo. From the page that I was originally on, I went Back [[West).
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 04-26-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Tbfxt - I almost missed it myself. I pressed on something and then suddenly the photo appeared. I thought other viewers could probably miss it easily [[as I almost did), so I thought I better add the direct link to it in my response.
    And you were right to do that.......

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    WOW. It wasn't until when she sang "Baby Love" that I realized just how much she could sound like Diana!
    Heard that also, but I thought I was listening to Dinah Washington on What a Difference a Day Makes. The girl had her own pipes and didn't need to sound like anyone else. It's a shame her life was so short, she might have been a MAJOR, MAJOR star.

Seems like a wonderful find, but I’m wondering … with all the concern about royalty fairness, do we know that all the songwriters whose material is being performed, the audio engineers and producers who recorded the performance, the musicians and arrangers involved, and of course the estate and/or survivors/descendants of Ms Terrell are being given proper royalties for streams of this performance?

what a rare treat hearing Tammi singing Baby Love. Thanks John

John...is this the same clip that was released on Tammi Terrell the Complete Solo Collection?

Quote Originally Posted by midnight johnny View Post
    John...is this the same clip that was released on Tammi Terrell the Complete Solo Collection?
    Johnny, I forgot that the cd has tracks from the Roostertail, thanks for pointing that out. I just played parts of the cd and yes, it is the same show. The liner notes to the cd say that it was recorded on September 19, 1966 [[not 1967).

I believe 1966,not 67,because 1967 Tammi was very sick.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    I believe 1966,not 67,because 1967 Tammi was very sick.
    Tammi was having headaches during the summer of '67, but her illness didn't drastically interfere with her work until October 14, 1967 when she and Marvin were performing at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, where she fell during their performance.

thomas96 Guest
    There's got to be video of this somewhere... Right?

Not that this has to do with Motown, but Jan. 15, 1967 was the date of Superbowl I

Happy Birthday to Tammi - today if she had lived she would be 70 years old.

Tammi Terrell replacing Diana Ross in The Supremes is one of the great "What ifs?" in Motown history...