[REMOVE ADS]

The end of an era in Philadelphia.

There's already a thread on this:
    http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...ing-demolished

I did look. Guess I didn't look hard enough.

It is sad. I drove by that building at least once a week when I lived in Philly.

I also think it's very sad. I'm in Chicago but I had the utmost regard for what was done in Philly. As a teen, I would spin albums by Archie Bell & The Drells and The Intruders and got hooked on Gamble & Huff through those two groups. Reading the back of the album covers and discovering that both groups music came from the same folks brought a smile to my face. Since the building is no longer there, is there any memorial for PIR? I always wanted to come to Philadelphia to visit the area where all these memories came from but it's too late now and that is sad.

It was just an office building, people. Now, if it had been the studio where the actual records were made, that would be devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    It was just an office building, people. Now, if it had been the studio where the actual records were made, that would be devastating.
    The studios were torn down last week, which was sad. I took a picture of the headquarters last summer, it was cool to see the sign, and sad to see it go. Also, I heard they did some mixing there, too. The combination of the studios being torn down as well as the headquarters was a bummer for some people, including me. Don't be a kill-joy all the time and tell us we should be listening to Bieber and if we're not, we're just not enlightened. Some of us grew up with PIR and it's a big part of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by tsull1 View Post
    Don't be a kill-joy all the time and tell us we should be listening to Bieber and if we're not, we're just not enlightened. Some of us grew up with PIR and it's a big part of our lives.
    When did I ever say anything like that??? I grew up with PIR too. How old do you think I am?