[REMOVE ADS]

Soul Summit Panel w/ Motown & Soul Legends, DPS Benefit

Hi SDF!

Sorry that I've been MIA lately - I'm posting this because on Thursday evening at 7pm I'm hosting a discussion panel in Detroit on the social and musical impact of Classic Soul in an event benefiting the music programs of the Detroit Public Schools. The panelists are Duke Fakir of the Four Tops, Reginald Torian of The Impressions, Pat Lewis, Spyder Turner, and Melvin Davis. There's a $10 suggested donation with all proceeds going to DPS, and anyone who makes a donation of any size will get a free advance download of the new Back To Class song, "Fairytale," which features Mark Scott of The Miracles. There will also be an auction of signed memorabilia, and some live performances! The event will be held at the Detroit Institute of Music Education, 1265 Griswold St., Detroit MI.

We've got ten advance ticket packages available, which guarantee a front row seat, as well as a download package of the entire Back To Class series so far, which includes new music featuring all of the Soul Summit panelists plus many more soul music legends. You can read more, see some videos, hear a clip of "Fairytale," and find the ticket packages here:

http://www.dsdrums.com/detroit-soul-blog

Name:  Soul Summit Image Info.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  90.8 KB

Hope some of you can make it out! It's going to be a great event for a great cause. Talk to you all soon,
    - Drew

Drew, thank you for the heads up. It sounds like a wonderful event.