[REMOVE ADS]

Exclamation New film about flo ballard!!!

Hello Guys!!

Name:  11134330_838690012882850_294718407_n.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  58.3 KB

Name:  11134307_838690016216183_563792456_n.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  87.5 KB

Ain't That Good News?
    MAN AIN'T THAT NEWS??

If I had a quarter for every time I heard that, I'd have enough to produce my own bio!

supremester Guest
    I want to play Mary.

Yeaaaaaaaah right... April Fools was last week.

People! Amazingly, this is true! I sent a message to Peter Benjamison today, and he answered!

Name:  Screenshot_2015-04-12-23-12-57.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  6.3 KB

This is great news. I hope they see it through this time.

And the thought of it seems to make some people uncomfortable!

And make other hope it makes someone uncomfortable when the truth is no one really gives a crap one way or the other.

A Florence Ballard film could be good - or not. Virtually any story can make a good movie with the right director, actors, etc. Unfortunately Ms. Ballard's real-life story is not inspirational, and I fear a movie will descend into the decades-old hagiography: the most beautiful, charismatic, and talented singer ever is plotted and schemed against by her Faust-like mentor and his Lady Macbeth who drive her out of show business and into abject poverty. Ms. Ballard's life should be viewed as a cautionary tale, but legions of sob-sisters and pity-partiers don't see it that way. I say: Remember Florence Ballard well for her undeniable contribution to the greatest female singing group ever, and let her rest in peace.

If that message is any indicator of dacreator_27's writing ability, I'd say not to hold our breaths on this one. Sheesh...

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    If that message is any indicator of dacreator_27's writing ability, I'd say not to hold our breaths on this one. Sheesh...
    LOL - a biopic film - and just what massacre is God being praised for?

I'm no English major, but reading the original "BREAKING NEWS" makes me question the ability of this script writer. And let's not get anything twisted; it's just a script. I'm a gambling gal and in the land of Hollywood, I don't forsee much of a chance for this unknown. But, let's not crush anyones dreams.

The best chance a Flo Ballard "biopic" would be via an Oprah, OWN or Tyler Perry production. And we know that ain't gonna happen.

Don't believe it for a minute. Getting approval and writing a script is one thing. Financing it, casting it, getting studio space, costumes, hair, make-up licensing rights, and, most importantly, following through is a whole other ballgame. Peter Benjaminson's book is good, but its filled with errors. Florence was my favorite Supreme. I love her voice and her contribution is undeniable. However, I don't think a movie about her life would be successful, nor necessary. As Robert said, her story is not exactly inspirational - far from the story of Effie White. After she left the Supremes, the hits stopped, her alcohol intake escalated, she descended into poverty, died, and ultimately her memory was forgotten by a majority of the public. No matter how you spin it, the movie is bound to be filled with half-truths, conspiracy theories, and spark outrage amongst Supreme and Motown fans. Let the woman rest in peace.

Ave Maria...........................................aa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    I say: Remember Florence Ballard well for her undeniable contribution to the greatest female singing group ever, and let her rest in peace.
    Well said. Though I did not know her personally I have a strong inkling that Miss Ballard would not have wanted to be remembered as some poor helpless victim. I believe that's why she backed out of finishing her story/book.

I agree let it go !!!

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Well said. Though I did not know her personally I have a strong inkling that Miss Ballard would not have wanted to be remembered as some poor helpless victim. I believe that's why she backed out of finishing her story/book.

People need to let Flo rest in peace. The entire situation that happened a few years ago was a disgrace to Flo's legacy. If these individuals truly cared about telling her story with dignity and respect, they would ensure her story is handled with care and left in the hands of those who are capable of producing a real quality piece of work. Just another pathetic attempt to cash in on her name. I won't hold my breath. Next!

Also, not only does this gentleman's Instagram post contain grammar errors, any professional who has any real credibility does not post a photo of signatures on a business contract.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    People need to let Flo rest in peace. The entire situation that happened a few years ago was a disgrace to Flo's legacy. If these individuals truly cared about telling her story with dignity and respect, they would ensure her story is handled with care and left in the hands of those who are capable of producing a real quality piece of work. Just another pathetic attempt to cash in on her name. I won't hold my breath. Next!
    Preach Carlo Preach.

Fondly,

Roberta

As Mary once said, "Its not The Supremes story because no one asked or paid me."

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    As Mary once said, "Its not The Supremes story because no one asked or paid me."
    LOL love it