[REMOVE ADS]

Classic soul album: A quiet storm smokey robinson

Hey everyone! Below is a link to my article about Smokey's classic album A Quiet Storm. Hope you enjoy.

http://soultrain.com/2015/04/06/clas...a-quiet-storm/

Great review for a classic album,smokey's best by far,in song quality he never again came close to matching this album and we're talking about smokey,great,great album and review...smokey forever!!!

Really great, informative review! I didn't appreciate the album when it came out but have come to love it as I get older. I think it was just too slow for me in my youth, but what a fantastic album it is. To me, lots of Smokey's solo material is disappointing, almost trite sounding, and I never understood how his songwriting abilities declined so much as a solo. But "Quiet Storm" is easily the happiest exception to any of that!

Monumental album that set the tone for a whole new radio format that became popular years afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Really great, informative review! I didn't appreciate the album when it came out but have come to love it as I get older. I think it was just too slow for me in my youth, but what a fantastic album it is. To me, lots of Smokey's solo material is disappointing, almost trite sounding, and I never understood how his songwriting abilities declined so much as a solo. But "Quiet Storm" is easily the happiest exception to any of that!
    That's what many of us think

Thanks for posting that review, funkyone. I was all over that album soon as it dropped.
    The Agony and Ecstasy I played over and over again...That release actually inspired a new
    radio format for late night in New York called, guess what?....Quiet Storm....

Baby That's Backatcha was my favorite off the LP but somehow I felt it should have been a duet.