[REMOVE ADS]

Interview with Marvin Gaye's sister Zeola

I recently saw a great article about a recent interview with Marvin Gaye's sister Zeola about his death. The story has 33 pictures in the article. Picture #10 includes Martha Reeves, Betty Kelly, and Rosalyn and Picture #13 is a vintage picture of Marvin with the Moonglows.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6985882.html

Pictures cover his entire career.

I know Marvin was a tortured soul but the family keeps treating that dad with light gloves, too lenient. *deep sigh*

Help me!!!

But if I remember correctly, Anna Gordy was named executor of Marvin's estate...Is that correct???

^ I watched Reelz last night. Celebrity Legacies had an episode on Marvin. If I recall, the executors were some independent financial lawyer and the Gayes' adopted son, Marvin III. I don't know if Anna was ever the executor of his estate. I imagine that at first, since Marvin had no will, they had to hire people to look after the estate to first pay off damages and then build on making more money for the estate. By the time Nona and Frank came of age, I imagine they shared co-executor orders with Marvin III, much in the same way Lisa Marie began being a co-executor of Elvis' estate after she turned 25.

My point being...Is Janis is not an heir...So then she is NOT entitled to none of the proceeds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    My point being...Is Janis is not an heir...So then she is NOT entitled to none of the proceeds!!!
    He was divorced from her at the time of his death wasn't he?

If he died without a will, his spouse or children would apply to Administer the Estate. If he was separated or divorced, it might have been some of the children. It would have been by Court appointment. All of his biological children would have had the same rights to apply; but maybe they agreed on a certain one or two of them. Or maybe they all agreed to somebody outside [[a lawyer) doing it ~ I can't really see that though.

Did Marvin Gaye really have no will? Perhaps no assets at death? Payoff Motown or Columbia over time and everything else and maybe there is money flowing now? Or just the promise of a judgement that won't be appealed?

He did not have a will. I pretty sure that one of his major assets was "future record royalty". I'm pretty sure there is a positive cash flow.

From what I read with respect to the Blurred Lines law suit, I would think the person appointed was probably Nona Gaye???

I disagree....I think still is/always has been Marvin gaye III. After further research, he was the initial executor!!

Didn't Nona do the talking about Blurred Lines?

If there was an Executor, then there was a Will. If there was no Will, it's an Administrator.

I have no idea.

But some Court documents should be filed in Detroit. The Court Documents show a little bit - like that Lesley Gore's estate was only $50000 but it ignored the house in the Hamptons.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Didn't Nona do the talking about Blurred Lines?

If there was an Executor, then there was a Will. If there was no Will, it's an Administrator.

I have no idea.

But some Court documents should be filed in Detroit. The Court Documents show a little bit - like that Lesley Gore's estate was only $50000 but it ignored the house in the Hamptons.
    She maybe the spokeswoman, but Marvin Gaye III is the Administrator....Plus she is NOT bad on the Eyes!!!! to say the least!!