[REMOVE ADS]

Fourth Hawaii Diana Ross show added

"With the June 13 show at the Blaisdell Arena sold out, a show has been added on June 12, also at 7:30 p.m. Tickets go on sale Saturday morning at 9."

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...how_added.html

Interesting that the article says this is Diana's biggest grossing concert ever.

I was a bit puzzled at first but apparently the area can hold up to 8,800 people for a stage show.

Wow for Diana!

If you are in Hawaii [[The Big Island or Maui), you hear about concerts at the Maui Performing Arts Centre all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Interesting that the article says this is Diana's biggest grossing concert ever.

I was a bit puzzled at first but apparently the area can hold up to 8,800 people for a stage show.

Wow for Diana!
    I think it is a bit misleading because as ticket prices escalate from year to year, selling out the same venue in a couple of years will undoubtedly gross/net more money than it does now.
    Th fact that she SOLDOUT 8,000 tix in a week is more newsworthy than the gross dollar amount.
    And she is on par to sell 20,000 tix in Hawaii is really impressive. [[One would think that this were the 80s when her records at the top of the charts.....instead she reaffirms her touring legs. Pollstar tracking since the 80s, states she has a ratio of 85% soldout dates!)

supremester Guest
    It's also just plain not true. Not that it matters, but for the sake of accuracy, it's just not possible that these gigs could out gross what she did in Japan just 2 months ago - let alone many others. It IS amazing that, a woman whose last hit record was literally 3 decades ago, is still such a huge international draw - Rick did a great job on these . I love that she's so cherished by such a wide demographic and I love that she truly feels the love and truly appreciates it. If you look at the pics on facebook of those attending, there are tons of young people going - just like in Austin. I was stunned to be surrounded by 20 something hipsters - one of which told his girlfriend that loved the show but was disappointed she didn't do Nothing But Heartaches. For 50 1/2 years, Miss Ross has been amazing me and so many others. I'm happy for all concerned and sad for those who have a problem with it ; )

See you this week???

supremester Guest
    2nd Maui show is sold out - expect a 3rd....4th?

They are talking of adding Oahu which is Honolulu. I guess lots of people on holiday would love to g to a concert

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    2nd Maui show is sold out - expect a 3rd....4th?
    Wow! I know the venue is "intimate" but that is great. Now the next time she visits The Anglosphere [[Australia, New Zealand, etc.), she can launch the tour in Hawaii. Mr. Bartilini has done an excellent job in repositioning her touring career on the west coast. He has definitely...."taken the ball and run with it". A few years ago, it took some convincing to get him to book her in San Francisco proper, though she has always played in the surrounding suburbs...now he has made Hawaii an exciting new territory for her. She surely doesn't have to....but, one more global tour would be great to see. Then again, taking nice breaks in between bookings probably stops the burnout factor she was experiencing at the beginning of the new millennium. So "Rick Bartilini presents....", keep on doing what you're doing. Because you are doing it right.