[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Remember a couple of months ago when I said that I was sick of Black people always forgiving people for killing other Blacks because of their faith? Well, it just happened again. The mother of Walter Scott says she forgives the cop who just shot her son in the back in cold blood. And, she forgave him because of her religious faith. I say screw that! If someone does that to my family, i'm not forgiving them. They'll have to find their forgiveness somewhere else, but it's not coming from me. And, I don't want to hear about this healing, inner peace, and scripture crap. Forgiving isn't going to get you any closer to heaven.

Here's one of my problems: Except for the video, this would be yet another cop who did the wrong thing and got away with it. Have no doubt, even with bullets in his victim's back, he would have walked and not been charged or even disciplined. We've had videos of multiple cops abusing authority and only in two [[both in South Carolina, curiously) have the cops been deemed liable. But before you offer propers to the law enforcement of South Carolina, understand that they've had 200 police-involved shootings in the last two years and only twice have they pursued action against the officer. I don't know how many of the 200 alleged perpetrators were Black, but I'll bet at least 70% of them were.

It's out of control and shows that they feel that their first path to resolving a situation is the use of deadly force. That is exactly what 'stand your ground' is based upon. The use of deadly force is morally the last option in any situation, especially for those trained to administer it. It's reprehensible that these incidents fall out of the news cycle after a few days of shock and outrage. They're not even talking about the incident that inspired this thread anymore. And by the next outrageous incident [[which will likely take place in the next couple of weeks), this one will be forgotten as well.

'Black Lives Matter'? To whom?