[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Video: Detroit Man Beaten by Police

At the news conference, Dent and his lawyer insisted there's a part in the video that shows the officers planting the drugs.

this clip includes photos of the Officer Melendez planting drugs in Mr. Dent's car:

Wait a minute where did this come from,it looks staged.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Wait a minute where did this come from,it looks staged.
    JAI, it is not staged. It's been on the news throughout the day.

Ok,of you say so but this stuff seems to be coming from all over the place now.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Ok,of you say so but this stuff seems to be coming from all over the place now.

This is a part of the systematic racist problem in the United States. A 57 year old grandfather with a spotless record. Unarmed, no drugs and no drugs in his system is beaten to a pulp for running a Stop sign. He also has 37 years in on his job.............

There are two problems with the institution of police in America right now. The first is that when they are caught RED HANDED doing something wrong, they fall in lock step to excuse it and find some reason why the cop's actions were not inappropriate [[they seldom say 'the best course of action') so they can excuse it. That leads to mistrust for all of the supposedly 'clean' cops out there.

The second problem is with those supposedly 'clean' cops. We all know that there are bad apples on every police department in America. These bad apples shake people down, profile people, plant evidence, harass citizens, and in general, do not follow the law in their efforts to enforce it. Well, in my ideal world, those supposedly 'clean' cops would police their brothers in blue with MORE diligence than they police the community. The union and the department should not turn against whistleblowers in the ranks.

PBS had an episode of 'Frontline' that documented how police have one of the lowest reported rates of domestic abuse. Most police departments don't report their rates and almost no cops are arrested and convicted, even though they have one of the most stressful jobs. I'm aware that we need police to keep order. But, they simply do not police themselves and that's why I don't trust them.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This is a part of the systematic racist problem in the United States. A 57 year old grandfather with a spotless record. Unarmed, no drugs and no drugs in his system is beaten to a pulp for running a Stop sign. He also has 37 years in on his job.............
    Look at the video. They will suggest that he was resisting because he was trying to cover his face when he was being pelted. You won't see it, but when they review the matter, they'll exonerate them and suggest that he did something to deserve it. It's crazy how often it happens and how little people seem to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Look at the video. They will suggest that he was resisting because he was trying to cover his face when he was being pelted. You won't see it, but when they review the matter, they'll exonerate them and suggest that he did something to deserve it. It's crazy how often it happens and how little people seem to care.
    It's crazy how often it seeems to happen to only unarmed black men...............

By white cops. Who then are 'reviewed' and cleared of all suspected misconduct by nameless 'independent' panels. It won't change in our life times either.

Mostly black jury clears O.J. Simpson? Jury nullification [[read: Black folks don't know how the legal system works). Mostly white juries clear George Zimmerman and the pigs who beat Rodney King to a pulp on camera? The jury listened to the evidence and determined that the prosecution didn't put on a convincing case.

It's crazy how often it seeems to happen to only unarmed black men...............
    Ma while back I saw and bunch of young kids being asked questions by the cops. These were white, Asian, and black medical students. They r just too quick to judge these dad. They need to be more concerned with the larger picture rather than a bunch of kids walking down the street. I saw a cop turn a blind eye to a drug deal going down as arrested someone for jaywalking instead lol!

Taraji P. Hinson' s son attends USC. He was stopped recently for walking down the street with his hands in his pockets.

Taraji P. Hinson' s son attends USC. He was stopped recently for walking down the street with his hands in his pockets.
    Summer of 2012 I saw the NYPD take a very young black man and handcuff him to a pole near a crowded intersection on lower Broadway! It was like entertainment to some spectactors!

By white cops. Who then are 'reviewed' and cleared of all suspected misconduct by nameless 'independent' panels. It won't change in our life times either.

Mostly black jury clears O.J. Simpson? Jury nullification [[read: Black folks don't know how the legal system works). Mostly white juries clear George Zimmerman and the pigs who beat Rodney King to a pulp on camera? The jury listened to the evidence and determined that the prosecution didn't put on a convincing case.
    I saw this video yesterday on Chris Hayes' show on MSNBC. Notice how neither CNN, or that other network that rhymes with a four-legged animal, are reporting it?

You know, white cops' actions are enough to turn me into a racist. That, and all that other shit non-whites have to deal with on a personal level day after day of our lives. No, I won't turn into one because i'm too smart for that, but it's enough, and I wouldn't blame anyone for developing racist feelings because of it.

I am not and will not become a racist. Some of the most influential people in my life were white and some who made me fear for it were Black. That doesn't mean that I am blind to the reality that these incidents continue to happen with alarming frequency. I say 'continue' because they have always been part of American life, but now the prevalence of cameras has exposed it.

I wish I could afford to buy body cameras for everybody in African-American neighborhoods so that all of this could be documented. They can smash a few witnesses' cellphones, but not a whole community's. Again, without credible and supported leadership, nothing will change. Minister Shabazz and Dr. King' s death was crippling to the hope of full societal participation and we never recovered.

I am not and will not become a racist. Some of the most influential people in my life were white and some who made me fear for it were Black. That doesn't mean that I am blind to the reality that these incidents continue to happen with alarming frequency. I say 'continue' because they have always been part of American life, but now the prevalence of cameras has exposed it.

I wish I could afford to buy body cameras for everybody in African-American neighborhoods so that all of this could be documented. They can smash a few witnesses' cellphones, but not a whole community's. Again, without credible and supported leadership, nothing will change. Minister Shabazz and Dr. King' s death was crippling to the hope of full societal participation and we never recovered.

Jerry as with the young man that is a student at the University of Virgina, the police look at all black men the same and try to kill them regardless of their personal and professional background.

Today, charges were filed in Tennessee against the cop who responded to a call about a "strange-looking man" and encountered a grandfather visiting from India as he took a walk. The cop didn't like the answers he received from the man, who doesn't understand English very well and drive him need first into the sidewalk. The grandfather is more partially paralyzed. I'll get a link when I'm at my PC.

Wasn't the cop who 'found' the drugs fired by the Detroit PD? Then how stupid are the Inkster PD for hiring him?

Just like the cop who shot the 12-year old in Cleveland had been scheduled for termination from a smaller town's police force when he decided to quit and move on to bigger and better things. Somehow, the Cleveland PD's vetting process didn't include finding out from his previous employer that he had an unnatural fixation with guns and other mental defects that should have eliminated him from consideration as a cop.

Today, charges were filed in Tennessee against the cop who responded to a call about a "strange-looking man" and encountered a grandfather visiting from India as he took a walk. The cop didn't like the answers he received from the man, who doesn't understand English very well and drive him need first into the sidewalk. The grandfather is more partially paralyzed. I'll get a link when I'm at my PC.
    Please do. These cops are nuts! I don't know where they are finding these people.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownSteve View Post
    Wasn't the cop who 'found' the drugs fired by the Detroit PD? Then how stupid are the Inkster PD for hiring him?
    Yeah. A few years back he fired 11 bullets into an unarmed person killing them. He also had that habit of placing drugs at the scene of his arrests!

It was Alabama, not Tennessee, but here is the link. The bad news is that Googling 'Tennessee Police Brutality' revealed a lot of other cases that aren't being discussed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...isk-goes-awry/

It was Alabama, not Tennessee, but here is the link. The bad news is that Googling 'Tennessee Police Brutality' revealed a lot of other cases that aren't being discussed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...isk-goes-awry/
    It is an epidemic. They just had an incident in Toledo too. Fortunately the victim survived.

Crystaledwards Guest
    This incident happened in Glendale which is nowhere near USC. In this case the police had every right to stop Ms. Hinson's son. It is illegal in Los Angeles County to drive through a lighted crosswalk while someone is walking across the road. Marcell Jonnson was treated extremely well by the Glendale Police. His mother has since issued an apology to the Police Department in question.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...327-story.html

https://instagram.com/p/0v0KjQOuFM/

CE

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaledwards View Post
    This incident happened in Glendale which is nowhere near USC. In this case the police had every right to stop Ms. Hinson's son. It is illegal in Los Angeles County to drive through a lighted crosswalk while someone is walking across the road. Marcell Jonnson was treated extremely well by the Glendale Police. His mother has since issued an apology to the Police Department in question.

CE
    If he had made the wrong move or asked the wrong question........he would have been dead! All stemming from a mere traffic violation!

Crystaledwards Guest
    The officers involved should all be given hefty jail sentences for this unwarranted, unpardonable and disgusting beating.

On another note, Newsmax? Really Marvin!!!! Newsmax is a conservative, far right oriented "news" portal, whose website is ran by Conservative hack and birther theorist Christopher Ruddy. He is no better than Roger Ailes.

CE

Crystaledwards Guest
    If he had made the wrong move or asked the wrong question........he would have been dead! All stemming from a mere traffic violation!
    He could have killed the pedestrian. Read the links I posted instead of inanely ranting. I am dealing with facts and hard evidence and you are clearly not.

CE
    Last edited by Crystaledwards; 03-29-2015 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Grammar

Crystaledwards Guest
    I think we need a National, honest, open debate on the issue of Race and Police brutality. A very organized five million person peaceful march in Washington DC is also needed to bring Global attention to both these issues.

"Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, they send forth a tiny ripple of hope, and those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance."

CE
    Last edited by Crystaledwards; 03-29-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaledwards View Post

CE
    Thanks for the correction, CE. The problem with this is it gives credence to a lot of o peoplee who enable bad cops. To be sure, the role of the police if necessary and it is not easy. Crying 'brutality' when it didn't happen is irresponsible and dangerous.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Thanks for the correction, CE. The problem with this is it gives credence to a lot of o peoplee who enable bad cops. To be sure, the role of the police if necessary and it is not easy. Crying 'brutality' when it didn't happen is irresponsible and dangerous.
    Yes it is irresponsible and potentially dangerous Jerry although not as dangerous and irresponsible as the behavior of the percentage of warped and racist armed police officers that are on our streets.

I thought it was rather classy of Ms. Hinson's to own her mistake and publicly apologize to the Glendale Police.

CE

Racial is real and is in use in this country! I believe that was Taraji initial complaint!

Racial is real and is in use in this country! I believe that was Taraji initial complaint!
    It's very real. The media however has shown no reason for us to believe they care about this issue, only presenting it as a problem when video goes viral and they are late to catch on to it. If you have any instances of false accusations against the police, then it gives them [[and people who want to believe that this is a manufactured issue by a bunch of crazy n*****s who don't know how to coexist with the keepers of order in society) a platform upon which to say that many of these charges are baseless even though only one baseless charge is on record.

It's very real. The media however has shown no reason for us to believe they care about this issue, only presenting it as a problem when video goes viral and they are late to catch on to it. If you have any instances of false accusations against the police, then it gives them [[and people who want to believe that this is a manufactured issue by a bunch of crazy n*****s who don't know how to coexist with the keepers of order in society) a platform upon which to say that many of these charges are baseless even though only one baseless charge is on record.

I am sorry. I meant to say racial profiling is real.

I knew that before I heard the phrase 'racial profiling'. I learned it when some brother pulled me and my cousin over, ostensibly due to my car not having a front tag on it. In the ten minutes it took him to check my license, we counted 17 cars driving by us without front tags. That's not counting those that drove in the same direction.

When he let me go with a warning, I asked if he stopped all cars missing front tags, knowing the answer. When he lied and said that he was, I was about to cuss him out, jail be damned. My cousin knew something was brewing and talked me down. I've been stopped seven times in 35 years and the only time I felt discriminated against and clearly disrespected was the only time a Black officer did it.

I knew that before I heard the phrase 'racial profiling'. I learned it when some brother pulled me and my cousin over, ostensibly due to my car not having a front tag on it. In the ten minutes it took him to check my license, we counted 17 cars driving by us without front tags. That's not counting those that drove in the same direction.

When he let me go with a warning, I asked if he stopped all cars missing front tags, knowing the answer. When he lied and said that he was, I was about to cuss him out, jail be damned. My cousin knew something was brewing and talked me down. I've been stopped seven times in 35 years and the only time I felt discriminated against and clearly disrespected was the only time a Black officer did it.
    Jerry I had a very similar situation in the Bronx except I had to talk my younger brother down. It just happened to be on the day that Mother Theresa and Princess Diana were visiting the Bronx.

And now you have another New York cop on tape bullying somebody who had the nerve to use his horn when the cop failed to signal when he was parallel parking. This is a bad look for New York.

And now you have another New York cop on tape bullying somebody who had the nerve to use his horn when the cop failed to signal when he was parallel parking. This is a bad look for New York.

"I Love New Yorkkkkk.....!" This is typical of how the NYPD talks to people. It is best to just shut until the officer requires a response.

The detectives' union is asking people not to form opinions about this fine man based on this one incident. I hope they don't jump to conclusions when they stop me. Like they do full background studies before they decide to choke people to death for selling loose cigarettes.

The detectives' union is asking people not to form opinions about this fine man based on this one incident. I hope they don't jump to conclusions when they stop me. Like they do full background studies before they decide to choke people to death for selling loose cigarettes.
    The problem is, that is not just one incident. The quickest, best way to ruin your day is to have to speak to a member of the NYPD! They are rude and nasty and will insult you within 60 secs! Yeah cigarettes that the man paid for first!

I was being facetious. They ask for understanding because this guy was visiting a friend in the hospital and he was stressed out. Awww.... More that I know WHY he's a pig, I can bite my lip and let him abuse the hell out of me. Sure, why not?

And the beat goes on... Now a South Carolina cop has been charged with murder for shooting a man in the back after he ran following a traffic stop. The chip lied and said The man stole his Taser, but the whole thing was caught on tape. Otherwise the pig would have walked.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...fter-shooting/

And the beat goes on... Now a South Carolina cop has been charged with murder for shooting a man in the back after he ran following a traffic stop. The chip lied and said The man stole his Taser, but the whole thing was caught on tape. Otherwise the pig would have walked.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...fter-shooting/
    My mother just told me about the SC story. I will have to google it.

The link is on my post.

The link is on my post.
    Thanks Jerry. This shit is getting to be too much!

The cop in the video is handcuffing a dead body.

They should throw the book at the cop. Murder, filing false report, disturbing a crime scene, possession of a weapon for unlawful purposes, unlawful use of a weapon. And no plea bargaining. Plead to all or none and be sentenced on all to consecutive terms. That's just my idea of justice in this case.

I'm not permitting my mind to consider justice because it won't bring that guy back, so there is none. But the cop should never walk free again.

Here's a link to a story about the cop who shot 49 times into a car, killing an unarmed driver and his driver who fled when being followed. He actually jumped onto the hood of the car and fired the last 15 point blank. All together, the cops shot at the car over 100 times. He said that he was scared for his life when he channeled Rambo. His fellow officers are refusing to cooperate with the prosecutors. They are all dirty.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cleveland-p...ry?id=30131559

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/p...oting-30083471

Crystaledwards Guest
    What a sick system when police believe they can kill with impunity and with such casual uncaring coldness and all over abroken tail light. What a fucking tragedy. How the Hell did a "routine traffic stop" escalate to a man being tasered let alone shot eight times in the back? The incompetence of these police officers now is not only mind-blowing but dangerous. Are none of these officers taught the art of de-escalation or do they just not care anymore because they know they will get away with it? And what's ironic is that by being trigger happy they are doing more damage to themselves. Not only are they making it worse for the good officers out there who actually care about the communities they serve but they make it incredibly difficult for even law abiding citizens to trust or feel safe around them, making their jobs that much harder. And they only have themselves to blame for that.The citizen who filmed this ought to receive compensation for his bravery. He stood in the face of imminent danger and shot the video that may have saved others from suffering the same fate.

Rodney King's brutal beating was all caught on video and yet the cops were found not guilty in the criminal case so anything is possible. I hope this murderer gets sent to jail for life.

CE

"Good cops"? Are they the ones who refuse to assist when Internal Affairs tries investigate cops accused of denying citizens their lawfully afforded rights? They are as guilty as the murderers they protect. I respect the institution of law enforcement but I have little respect for those who value brotherhood over justice.