[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Isolated Bass, Band Tracks

http://www.ricksuchow.com/music-group-151.html

username: ricksuchow
    password: jamerson

I haven't listened to them all yet - but Standing In The Shadows Of Love has an extra verse - pretty cool!

Fascinating! Is the alternate version of "Standing..." available on any CD?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mowest View Post
    Fascinating! Is the alternate version of "Standing..." available on any CD?
    Thanks.
    I don't recall a mix that included the edited out verse [[as per the original 45 & stereo mixes) being released.

However, there is an alternate take in the Motown vaults as seen when The Detroit Free Press did a series of Motown videos for the Motown 50th Anniversary.

One was with Harry Weinger in the UME tape library, and on one of the Multitrack master reels he had, he pointed out an alternate of SITSOL, which at the time, he hadn't heard.

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by bradburger View Post
    I don't recall a mix that included the edited out verse [[as per the original 45 & stereo mixes) being released.

However, there is an alternate take in the Motown vaults as seen when The Detroit Free Press did a series of Motown videos for the Motown 50th Anniversary.

One was with Harry Weinger in the UME tape library, and on one of the Multitrack master reels he had, he pointed out an alternate of SITSOL, which at the time, he hadn't heard.

Cheers

Paul
    Thanks, Paul!

thomas96 Guest
    This is fantastic, thanks for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by motown01 View Post
    http://www.ricksuchow.com/music-group-151.html

username: ricksuchow
    password: jamerson

I haven't listened to them all yet - but Standing In The Shadows Of Love has an extra verse - pretty cool!

So does "I Can't Help Myself". The Four Tops always sang the extra verse live, but it is edited out of the original recording for some reason.