[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Knight & the Pips Time Can't Erase: Lost & Found

I wonder if we can expect to see this release now that Universal is focusing on digital only releases? Perhaps it will make more sense, sales-wise, as a digital release? Was this ever formally compiled/completed or simply at the drawing board stage?

RossHolloway Guest
    I don't think so. I'm not sure what the contractual or legal issues are/were but I would not hold my breathe for its release.

RossHolloway Guest
    I wrote Harry W. back in 2012 and this is what he had to say about the GK&P L&F release:

Glad you wrote. I have managed to get a Lost & Found out on David Ruffin, as part of his Vol. 2 albums set, and you probably know about the Marvelettes L&F on their albums Vol. 2. I am developing now another Motown artist's set of rarities, but boy I'd hate to have happen what happened with Gladys Knight & the Pips, so I am keeping quiet about that one for now. The GK&tP's project may not come back, for several reasons that don't need going over and over.

Stevie 60s L&F – we should be so lucky. There's quite a track list in there. I never say never….

I'd like to do one on the Miracles, but there aren't as many cuts it seems as we had on Vol. 1, which remember had several previously released cuts. Smokey was quite efficient in the studio.

Brenda – I love her, of course, but with the UK having issued her 2-CD Anthology with rare cuts, is there a market for more?

Well it was definitely scheduled as a Tower sampler presented "A Man Is A Woman`s Weakness" as from the forthcoming collection "Motown Lost and Found Time Can`t Erase 1966-1970"

If you type in Time Can't Erase into the search engine, you will find at least 2 threads that previously dealt with this subject.