[REMOVE ADS]

Cool New tom moulton "fully re-grooved" series set to debut!

Great news, Tom Moulton/Disco fans! Following on the heels of Tom Moulton’s highly successful "Philly Re-Grooved" CD series (Vols. 1-3)", he has a brand new series set to debut on March 30 titled "Fully Re-Grooved (Vol. 1)" (2-CD set). I learned this information just today from a U.K. eBay dealer. News to me, he’s had it on order since last November. Although the release date keeps getting pushed back, it is now set for a March 30th release date. I verified it on Amazon.uk (available now for Pre-Order), although there is no graphic photo of the album cover nor is there a track list yet. (Unfortunately, Amazon.us showed no results as of yet). This comes as exciting news – just the shot-in-the-arm we need to snap us out of these depressing and endless-winter blahs. Here’s the link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moulton-Full...ully+regrooved

Do any of you have any NON-Philly tracks in mind that you're hoping will be given the Tom Moulton remix treatment either on this volume or in future volumes to come? Off-hand, I can think of one that comes to mind instantly – Melba Moore’s "This Is It". Tom’s remix is already on YouTube, and it's screaming to become an available part of my CD collection. Also, any other 1970's Van McCoy productions would be done proud in Tom’s duly-capable hands and golden ear. - Gary

Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-22-2015 at 12:01 AM.

{ "Do any of you have any NON-Philly tracks in mind that you're hoping will be given the Tom Moulton remix treatment either on this volume or in future volumes to come? "}

Off hand for me ,
    "I Found Lovin" -- Fatback Band
    " The Glow Of Love " -- Change
    " Love Has Come Around" -- Donald Byrd
    As a matter of act ,any of the Malvasi/ Petrus projects , the SOLAR projects of Leon Sylvers , The Calloways. Of course some more Thom Bell tracks.................. Shoot , I'm getting dizzy just thinking about all the tracks only he (and or John) could unlock the magic in those multi's.

Yeah, for sure, daddy -- the possibilities are endless! I've got a real good feeling about this new series.

Can't wait to see a track listing

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Can't wait to see a track listing
    Glencro, I'll provide one when it becomes available.

I've had it on pre-order since 12th September 2014, I'm beginning to wonder if it'll ever get released.

Quote Originally Posted by mr soul View Post
    I've had it on pre-order since 12th September 2014, I'm beginning to wonder if it'll ever get released.
    Jeez, mr soul, that’s even farther back. Let’s hope that this time (March 30th) is the charm. Have you ever seen a track list for this title? - Gary

No sorry, I've no idea what I've ordered & the fact there is no track listing makes me wonder whether it'll get put back again.

Well, Jack, I see that you originally announced the new Tom Moulton "Fully Regrooved" CD series way back in August 2014 (before I was a SDF member). I just heard about it yesterday. Seven (7) months' worth of getting pushed back on the release schedule is gettin' kinda nerve-wracking. I still have a feeling that March 30th will be the lucky day. Just 8 days left! - Gary

http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread...ooved-Volume-1

Hi Gary, I am a big Tom Moulton fan and try to get as much of his releases as possible.
    I contacted him a few years ago about his long 18 min.remix of Love Hangover that Motown did not want to release he told me.
    So I was very happy to read on the Motown Forum that this track was finally posted on Youtube and I can listen to it now!

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Hi Gary, I am a big Tom Moulton fan and try to get as much of his releases as possible.
    I contacted him a few years ago about his long 18 min.remix of Love Hangover that Motown did not want to release he told me.
    So I was very happy to read on the Motown Forum that this track was finally posted on Youtube and I can listen to it now!
    Hi, Jack! You spoke with THE Tom Moulton? WOW! How cool is that!

Yeah, I’ve been a huge Tom Moulton fan since back in the day (mid-1970's). What originally sold me on him was the Various Artists "Disco Trek" album on Atlantic Records in 1975/’76. All of the tracks (of which my favorites were Sister Sledge’s "Mama Never Told Me", Sons Of Robin Stone’s "Got To Get You Back", and Clyde Brown’s "You Call Me Back") were given the golden Tom Moulton extended-remix treatment. That was all it took! I started seeing his name on countless releases and I bought ‘em all. The words "A Tom Moulton Mix" was a guarantee that the grooves in those discs contained something really special – and they did without fail.

Maybe the super-extended Diana track will be on the new "Fully Re-grooved" (Vol. 1)!

It’s amazing -- Tom’s work seems just as prolific now as it did back in the day! [Keep ‘em coming, Tom!]
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-23-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr soul View Post
    No sorry, I've no idea what I've ordered & the fact there is no track listing makes me wonder whether it'll get put back again.
    Mr soul, don’t be discouraged yet. Amazon doesn’t usually provide a track listing until JUST BEFORE the release date. If March 30th is indeed the date of release, the track list will be appearing any day now.

To be correct about TomMoulton: it was through e-mail or chat that we had contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Mr soul, don’t be discouraged yet. Amazon doesn’t usually provide a track listing until JUST BEFORE the release date. If March 30th is indeed the date of release, the track list will be appearing any day now.
    Sadly, the new release date is September 21, 2015.

That's a big disappointment to me. I'm a Tom Moulton fan. I've replaced a lot of the original songs on my favorite playlist with Tom Moulton mixes. He doesn't change the song with his mixes. He makes them better.

To be correct about TomMoulton: it was through e-mail or chat that we had contact.
    Still cool, though -- especially email.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Sadly, the new release date is September 21, 2015.

That's a big disappointment to me. I'm a Tom Moulton fan. I've replaced a lot of the original songs on my favorite playlist with Tom Moulton mixes. He doesn't change the song with his mixes. He makes them better.
    Oh, No, Milven....You're right. My heart just sank down to my feet!

On pre-order for a year & 9 days, that's a new record, makes you wonder whether we'll see it released in 2015.

Well, mr soul, they say that good things are worth waiting for. If that's the case here, this sucker is gonna be a doozey -- IF it ever gets released! You've gotta wonder what's causing the hold-up? Was Tom not satisfied with the remastering? (Or does he do that process himself?) Whatever the reason, it's beyond me.

"Whatever the reason, it's beyond me."

​I bet it's more than likely license or copyright issues.

If Tom is reading this, maybe he can explain the delay?

("Yeah, I’ve been a huge Tom Moulton fan since back in the day (mid-1970's). What originally sold me on him was the Various Artists "Disco Trek" album on Atlantic Records in 1975/’76. ")

I was a fan of his from just about the time "The Disco Gold" albums came out. I came to find out that he worked at Scepter and also did Bethlehem jazz releases. In 1978 I had a good friend I used to do mobile and club DJ ing. For a while we would combine our system with Jose Rodriguez. We were into high end sound on a low end budget. Phase Linear amps for the mid-range ( Voice of The Theaters , lifted from a old movie house) , piezo tweeters and AST ,"Ass Kicker" Bass cabinets. We had this little GLI mixer ,a SAE "Parametric" equalizer and some 1200's with Stanton carts. Ghetto/High End ,total of 1700 (clean watts) , but ........that Bitch sounded good. We played at lofts and weddings and shit just to be able to crank it up and make a little money on the side. Get there early and just play what we wanted to from vintage anything to the then present sound which they called "Disco".
    Jose worked at Sterling Sound in N.Y. He is the J.R. ,in the TM/JR that you see in most of the early "Tom Moulton Mix" productions on vynil ,in the dry groove., Any way , him having mastered half of the new product coming out ,he would hip us what to look out for. We would buy or "aquire" promos and check them out in full volume , and critique about the music. It's a joy to hear vinyl played through clean power in a large room, Rooms like the Loft and of course The Paradise Garage.

Jose we would call him "Sal" ,( Check all those Salsoul dry grooves ) could master a recording, this >:< close to red line ,and not have any distortion.
    He had a deep respect for Tom and he said that Tom was all about the music, ( " Yo ,he's real cool dude and he knows his shit") and respect for the recordings, (the tapes). He influenced hundreds of bedroom DJ's that was using those Technics B1 turntables ,and the Club D.J's. with the 1100's. There would be no Larry Levan , Walter Gibbons ,Tee Scott ,John Morales and others without him. John Morales was a bedroom DJ back in the day in the Bronx like me and a lot other 17 and 18 yr old "DJ's" around 1970, extending records by stop and pause on a cassette or splicing tape from vinyl and then making a plate. Today Some of the greatest early "remixes" were created from elements of Tom's 'original' stereo album and 12' mixes. That fact should be common knowledge ,but those of us that know the relevence of and have followed and enjoyed his work are really all thats important. It's a shame when external issues get in the way of presenting and exploring the music itself in a new perspective. Especially when it is tastefully done. All we can do is give Tom our support and show there is a demand for his projects. Meanwhile , I'll just wait .

Daddyacey, man, you really got into it! It sounds exciting! You guys must have had a ball! It's great to see Tom Moulton enjoying such a successful resurgence. The three Philly Re-Grooved CD sets were all it took to relight the fire. Can't wait to see what's in store with the "Fully Re-Grooved" series -- IF it ever comes out!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-28-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Until this comes out we can also enjoy the Mike Maurro Peak-Hour remixes!

What are the Mike Maurro Peak-Hour remixes, Jack?

Gary - don't want to appear rude to jack020, but here's the answer - it's a 3 CD set of remixes by up and coming remixer that Tom's been giving encouragement to. Details here:

http://www.demonmusicgroup.co.uk/cat...-hour-remixes/

Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    Gary - don't want to appear rude to jack020, but here's the answer - it's a 3 CD set of remixes by up and coming remixer that Tom's been giving encouragement to. Details here:

http://www.demonmusicgroup.co.uk/cat...-hour-remixes/
    Hey, thanks, Alan! I just went on YouTube and checked out Mike Maurro’s remix of Candi Staton’s "Young Hearts Run Free". I love it! Mike is definitely a "chip off the old block". Like Tom Moulton, he remains very true to the original recording, yet changes it just enough to make you listen and want to hear more. In fact, I can’t wait to hear what he’s done with Ashford & Simpson’s "Tried, Tested And Found True". That’s one of my all-time favorite A&S tracks. I’ve always felt that it needed some remixing and extending. Looks like my wish has come true!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-28-2015 at 11:23 PM.

Jack, thank you so much for making me aware of the Mike Maurro remixes. I just ordered a copy from Amazon. I can not WAIT!!!! - Gary

Gary - check Mike's website. On it he has some other remixes for streaming. Personally not all of his remixes do it for me (and he's not as consistent as Tom), but others are terrific. You must listen to 'Don't Make Me Wait To Long'. It's absolutely fabulous and a pity it's not on the CD set. He also does interesting things with The Spinners 'It's A Shame'.
    http://www.mikemaurromusic.com/#!remix/cx2d

Alan, I've always loved Roberta Flack's live version of "Don't Make Me Wait Too Long", but it never sounded like this! Mike Maurro has somehow managed to change this into what sounds like a studio recording -- and a damned fine one at that! I love what he's done with the back-up girls! And those marvelous string passages throughout -- where the heck did they come from? They're fantastic! The brand new long instrumental ending brings it all home. Man, you are SO right! This remix belongs on the 3-disc box set. I would much rather have this than all of the Philly remixes on CD1. Don't get me wrong here -- I love the Philly Sound, and I especially love Tom Moulton's Philly Remixed tracks. But, between Tom, Walter Gibbons, and Larry Levan, Philly has been REmixed and RE-REmixed to death. I almost didn't buy Mike's box set until I discovered there is also a CD2 and 3 -- most of which is non-Philly material. After hearing his remix of Candi Staton's "Young Hearts Run Free" on YouTube, I knew I had to have this new set. Thanks again for your help today, and for turning me on to Mike's Maurro's Roberta Flack remix. (Of course, now it's gonna bug me until IT comes out on CD!) - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-29-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Hi Gary, glad you like Mike Maurro.
    For remixes of Ashford & Simpson's Tried Tested And Found True you need to get the
    Hits Remixes & Rarities: The Warner Brothers Years 2-cd, or do you already have this?

Hey Jack! Yes, I sure do have the Ashford & Simpson 2-disc CD Warner Brothers set. (I checked my track list on my word processor, and the 12" mix of "Tried, Tested, and Found True" is on there. It's been a few years since I bought it and played it. I had completely forgotten that a remix exists.)

But according to the track list on Amazon, Mike Maurro's remix of "T,T&FT" is indeed on his 3-CD box set (Disc 2, Track 5). I hope the track list is accurate. I made my purchase based on that list.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-29-2015 at 11:56 AM.

You are right Gary, but until you have received the Mike M.cd-set, there are the versions on the A&S 2-cd!

Moulton Fully Re-Grooved Volume 1... I pre-ordered this 2CD set on the 12th September 2014, I've just been informed by Amazon UK that they have cancelled my order, anybody know if it got a release & if not why?

I got the same message from Amazon UK.
    It was never released.
    Maybe Tom can inform us about the situation. I believe he reads this forum.

Jack and mr soul -- What a coincidence that you guys are talking about Tom Moulton's elusive "Fully Re-Grooved" CD series again! We
    must be on the same brain-wave because, just this evening, I was wondering what ever happened to that release. If you both received order-cancellation notices, that's not real encouraging. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that it will eventually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Glencro, I'll provide one when it becomes available.
    Thank you!!!

I believe there have been licensing problems that appear to be dragging on and on and on. It would appear the project is on hold indefinitely through no fault of Tom himself who must be so frustrated by this turn of events. I am not holding my breath for an early conclusion to this saga.

How about this? I heard it on John (Midnight Johnny) Perrone's show on WOMR-FM. I happened to catch Tom on FB and messaged him about posting it on YouTube. A few days later, he messaged back that it was up on YouTube. Have a listen. It's brilliant!

Temptations - Runaway Child, Running Wild (Tom Moulton's Ramada Mix 2)

http://youtu.be/N3K4BNyrtSU
    Last edited by texassoul; 02-21-2016 at 11:39 PM.

yes Tom is frustrated with delays....getting PROPER multi-tracks, complete without parts missing is getting harder & harder......
    TRACKLIST for FULLY RE-GROOVED a CD of tracks produced entirely in the UK
    (so far, these mixes are DONE)
    SUNLIGHT - Brand New Heavies
    SOUL TOWN - Ola
    WHAT THE CHILD NEEDS - Terry Ronald
    JUST AN ILLUSION - Imagination
    INDEPENDANCE - Lulu
    LEAVING ME NOW - Level 42
    BODY TALK - Imagination
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD - Lisa Stansfield
    THIS I SWEAR - Richard Darbyshire
    TOMORROW - Tongue N Cheek
    ALL FALL DOWN - 5 Star
    MAMA USED TO SAY - Junior
    CARIBBEAN QUEEN - Billy Ocean
    PUT A LITTLE LOVE ON ME - Delegation
    LOVE MONEY - T.W. Funkmasters

That's a kick-ass 2 CD set.......It's up to the powers that be now.....cross your fingers...

Jay, I just discovered your post now. (Sorry to keep you waiting.) Thanks for the tracklist. That's the closest we've come yet to this CD release becoming a reality. I'm familiar with only a handful of these artists, but knowing Tom's remixes like we do, there's no doubt it will be a "kick-ass", high quality set as you've predicted. Thanks again!

Will this ever get a release?

Will this ever get a release?
    Good question, Jack. I've been wondering the same thing myself. I keep hoping that Tom Moulton himself might see this thread and shed some light on the status of this ever-elusive release, but, so far, to no avail. Still, I'm not giving up.

You sound like the Walrus of Love: Never, never gonna give you up!

You sound like the Walrus of Love: Never, never gonna give you up!
    Barry White trained me well! LOL!!!

Do you have his Unlimited [4 CD + 1 DVD] Box set ?
    Lots of good remixes!

Do you have his Unlimited [4 CD + 1 DVD] Box set ?
    Lots of good remixes!
    Yes I do, Jack! I wasn't gonna get it because I already have all of the tracks in their original-release mixes. But, then, a few months ago, I came across it on Amazon when something came over me, telling me to buy it, so I gave in, as I usually do -- and, boy, am I glad I did! What an impressive package! As you know, the CD sound quality throughout the entire box set is phenomenal, and those remixes jump out at you like crazy! Hip-oSelect did a great job on it. Damn, I miss Harry and those guys. They really knew how to do it right.

Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 12-09-2016 at 05:37 AM.