[REMOVE ADS]

FBI probing death of black man hanging from tree in Mississippi

This is what makes conversations at Starbucks difficult....................

So, why would that make it difficult?

Let me tell you something: I work in retail, and customers are always coming to me and talking about racial stuff, probably because i'm Black. I can't say too much because these customers who talk about this are usually white and hostile already. But, I do speak my mind. If I worked for Starbucks, I would have no problem discussing this, or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    So, why would that make it difficult?

Let me tell you something: I work in retail, and customers are always coming to me and talking about racial stuff, probably because i'm Black. I can't say too much because these customers who talk about this are usually white and hostile already. But, I do speak my mind. If I worked for Starbucks, I would have no problem discussing this, or anything else.
    I just know that in New York when anything like this or police killings happen, everyone around me just clams up!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I just know that in New York when anything like this or police killings happen, everyone around me just clams up!
    Come visit a suburban or rural area where the population isn't as diverse, and people feel freer to speak their minds. It's very different.

As a side thought: i've always wanted to start a thread about where the forum members live, but it probably wouldn't do well. I notice that the culture here is not to talk about yourself much. I've had two threads removed that asked about the members' ages. I guess someone doesn't want it to be discussed about how old this forum skews.
    Last edited by soulster; 03-20-2015 at 05:02 PM.

It says that the dude was a convicted killer,maybe he didn't want to go back to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    It says that the dude was a convicted killer,maybe he didn't want to go back to jail.
    He served his time and wasn't going back to jail. Someone murdered him.