[REMOVE ADS]

Amazon DE CD sale 3 for 15 Euros incl. so nice Motown Titles

Amazon DE is having a 3 for 15 Euro CD sale right now.
    It Includes Jackson 5 at the Forum, Mary Wells Lost&Found, Supremes At the Copa Exp. and more!

Title should read Some Nice Motown Titles!

Some Gladys Knight& Pips twofers are also included!

Thanks for this! I ended up purchasing three of the Gladys Knight & the Pips twofers that were on sale. I hmmmed and hawed about it for a while because I know there isn't much extra included in the way of a booklet or bonus tracks, but couldn't pass them up. I also used to have "Nitty Gritty/Silk N' Soul" and "Knight Time/A Little Knight Music" and sold them a few years back when they became harder to find and I needed some extra cash for school. I had ripped high quality mp3's but always regretted selling them, as I like to have a complete physical collection on my favourite artists. After buying the three twofers, I had to get the other two again from Amazon Marketplace for $45 and $23! A lot of splurging this weekend on Gladys Knight & the Pips

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Thanks for this! I ended up purchasing three of the Gladys Knight & the Pips twofers that were on sale. I hmmmed and hawed about it for a while because I know there isn't much extra included in the way of a booklet or bonus tracks, but couldn't pass them up. I also used to have "Nitty Gritty/Silk N' Soul" and "Knight Time/A Little Knight Music" and sold them a few years back when they became harder to find and I needed some extra cash for school. I had ripped high quality mp3's but always regretted selling them, as I like to have a complete physical collection on my favourite artists. After buying the three twofers, I had to get the other two again from Amazon Marketplace for $45 and $23! A lot of splurging this weekend on Gladys Knight & the Pips
    Those are indeed good prices for the 2-fers. Looks like they got reissued last year. I think I paid a lot more than that for mine.

But Carlo, it looks like Amazon.de had all 5 2-fers. [[I think there were just five.) Just mentioning it in case you can cancel the orders on the 2 you bought for higher prices. I see all 5 as being available.

I know you're in Canada, but the dollar right now is very strong against the Euro, almost 1 for 1. I'm tempted to buy duplicates!

Thanks Kenneth. I believe these all came out in 2006. The reason I avoided buying Nitty Gritty and A Little Knight Music twofers from amazon.de is because they are actually cd-r on demand releases from amazon. It does not list them as such on the dutch site, but I believe it discloses this on the UK site. A reviewer also confirmed this. Those two twofers are out of print in their original form, which is why I opted to get the original digipacks through amazon marketplace, otherwise they would be cd-r copies.

The other three twofers are still easy to find, so they should hopefully be the original releases and not being sold as part of Amazon's on demand series.

I went ahead and bought all five again [[sigh) so I will let you know if they appear to be CD-Rs. Hopefully not. For some reason after the sale was totaled I got 12 Euros off with some coupon I didn't know about. I have no idea what it said exactly as it was in German and the page didn't translate. So I actually got all 5 for about $40. Of course I already had the originals anyway. I guess I'm hopeless!

My fingers are crossed for you, Kenneth! Hope you don't end up getting the CD-R's for "Nitty Gritty/Silk N' Soul" and "Knight Time/A Little Knight Music". Here is the listing on the Amazon UK site for the Nitty Gritty twofer and there is a review from Feb. 2015 where the individual received a CD-R:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silk-N-Soul-...s+knight+nitty

Usually Amazon has a policy of disclosing whether it is a "on demand" CD-R title, but in this case, they didn't. Although I noticed that the posted cover art on the listings for these two twofers has that strange grey border around it, which is usually shown when it's a CD-R title. I decided I didn't want to take the risk. Either way, they should clarify their listings and fix this. It's a bit confusing.

Thanks Carlo. Good to know the clues as to when it might be a CD-R. I didn't know about the grey border meaning anything. I'll let you know when I get them if they are legit releases or CD-Rs. Thanks again for the info. Funny, those 2 titles seem to be the hardest to find out of the 5. I think I paid more for those than the other 3 from the original releases, though I only finally bought them maybe a couple years ago.

The copy of the Nitty Gritty twofer that I bought from the Amazon Marketplace for $43 ended up being an Amazon On Demand CD-R copy Hopefully I can return it. What a rip-off!

The copy of the Nitty Gritty twofer that I bought from the Amazon Marketplace for $43 ended up being an Amazon On Demand CD-R copy Hopefully I can return it. What a rip-off!
    Unbelievable...well I'm sure they'll take it back. They take back anything.

I'm sure then the 2 titles you mentioned of mine will also be CD-Rs, but at least I only paid about $8 for each of them with the coupon I got [[for whatever it was for). I got messages saying they were all shipped so when I get them, I'll let you know. I'm sure you're right though. You're an expert at this!

I wil bet you that they are originals!

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    I wil bet you that they are originals!
    That'd be great if you were right...!

@Carlo, Well I got the CDs today and indeed Carlo you are correct. Those 2 titles "Knight Time/A Little Knight Music" and "Silk 'n Soul/Nitty Gritty" are CD-Rs. I didn't pay that much for them, but I'm going to see if I can return them anyway.

Carlo, thanks for alerting me. Next time I'll consult with you ahead of time!

No problem, Kenneth. I'm sorry to hear that those two titles ended up being the CD-R copies. I contacted Amazon EU's customer service to let them know that this information should be provided in their listing for these titles and they replied, advising me that their web team would make the necessary changes.

I ended up getting the Everybody Needs Love, Neither One of Us and If I Were Your Woman twofers from Amazon.de today as well and those were the original digi-pack versions with the booklets. I did end up getting a refund in the end from Amazon.com for the CD-R copy of Silk N' Soul that a third-party merchant sold me for $50 and didn't have to send it back. The copy of A Little Knight Music I ordered from a third party Amazon merchant also ended up being an Amazon CD-R copy, but I decided not to pursue the refund for that one, as I paid $20 and it's not worth any more of my energy. I will just be happy having them in my collection again and maybe will find the original releases someday for a reasonable price. Or maybe they can release a more comprehensive and expanded studio albums box-set. Not holding my breath though...

Yeah, I can't figure out how to get to the refund requested page since I don't know any German! I thought the Amazon sites had translations available [[I think the japanese one does) but I can't find any way to translate the pages to English! So I may just be stuck with them anyway! Oh well, they were only about $8 each.

If you have Google Chrome, there's a built-in translator.

Too bad we didn't wait...Grooves-Inc.com now has the three Gladys Knight & the Pips twofers on sale, 3 CD's for $17.

If you have Google Chrome, there's a built-in translator.
    Thanks. I will try that, Carlo.

Thanks Carlo! That worked. I couldn't figure out a way to use the Google Translator without installing Google Chrome as the Browser, so did that and it then worked fine. My next obstacle will be to see if I can ship it with the label they generated, which postage must be in German DMs. Anyway, I'll see if I can get it shipped with their label. Thanks again!

My pleasure. Good luck, Kenneth!

I finally did get the refund for the two returned CD-Rs. But I won't risk that again. They didn't cost that much but since Amazon paid the return shipping, I got rid of them. The sound quality on them was terrible. I don't see why CD-Rs should be lesser quality, if they were sourced from the master elements, but they always seem to be muddy sounding. And the album art was incomplete.

Carlo, thanks for helping me get rid of these!

No problem, Kenneth! Glad it worked out. It's unfair of them to be selling CD-R's to unsuspecting buyers. We work hard for our money. If we wanted it on CD-R, we could just as easily buy the album from iTunes and burn it on a CD-R for half the price.