[REMOVE ADS]

Sigma Alpha Epsilon just has been kicked out of the University of Oklahoma

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/09/us/okl...ant/index.html

I commend the president of the University of Oklahoma getting out in front of this and calling it for what it is. I also commend him for kicking out the SAE, as other schools have in the past.

This frat has a history of racism, and was created at almost the beginning of the civil war. The more recent incident of this frat was at Arizona State University, where they did a MLK birthday "theme" party with the usual stereotypes of flashing gang signs, eating watermelon, wearing saggy pants, and the rest. Other than the racism, this organization has to get insurance from Lloyd's Of London because no one else will carry them, and because of their stupid, often lethal hazing rituals.

This shit is never going to go away, but it will take vigilance of the fraternity chapter, the schools, and for the students to put their foot up these racist kids asses to eradicate this behavior wherever it happens.

The frat revoked the charter for the OU chapter and has stated that they will not put another chapter there until they find appropriate representatives. I questioned the frat's national chairman on Twitter as to whether their chant that 'there will never be a n*gger SAE!' was true and several African-American alums replied to me that they belonged to the order and while they are offended by these assholes, they remain proud of and committed to their association.

This situation went nuts in a matter of a few hours. The question that remains is whether the university will suspend or expel the crackers who were caught. The university's president hedged his action by first stating 'if they are OU students'. This just raises the radar of many of us who wonder if the guy that we talk to at work is smiling in our face while pressing his sheet for the cross burning later tonight. They're everywhere and we'll only know it when they are stupid enough to let on.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 03-09-2015 at 01:19 PM.

yeah, nothing was said about their status as students. You have to know that the students know who they are, and those racist assholes won't have a very good time of it at the school any longer. Unless they keep their mouths shut, and guard their actions, I am very aware of the people I work with and the public.

The thing about tweets is that you can never be sure if they are from legit people, or really people just saying they are someone they are not. And, even if there are Black SAE, are they ignorant of their order, or are they going along to get along. The order seems to be overrun with white bigoted, ignorant, and racist white people if they keep having these incidents all over the place. Look at the history of it. The organization may be making a stand, but the chapters, the rank and file, are something totally different.

If you get away from higher learning, you find the attitude prevalent, even in the armed forces. I almost came to blows with a kid who just spent time in Iraq, when he decided to spout off about how Black people are lazy, and that there is no racism because they elected Obama as president. And, his defense for not being a racist is that he grew up poor in the ghetto. Woooo! Give the kid a medal for his tolerance! Man, they always say shit like that if they didn't grow up privileged. Don't get me started on their rants about affirmative action!

I have to laugh whenever anyone tells me there is no racism, and then something happens that reminds us all how rampant it still is. Of course, if you watch a steady diet of Fox news and listen to Rush Limbaugh [[haven't heard anything from him, lately), and hang out only with like-minded folks, you'd think that the only racism left is from Black people perpetuating it through "reverse discrimination".
    Last edited by soulster; 03-09-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Yeah, they act like there's no racism until you show obvious examples and they try to act like those are all outliers. They presume that we're violent and cause our own problems but then get mad when you pull up photos of lynchings with dead bodies hanging while hundreds of smiling white men, women, and children posed as if they had another fantastic community activity.

Just like some want to blame Islam for extremist acts but don't recognize that the KKK didn't burn stars of David on Black folks lawns. Nah, they burned crosses, but that's not an example of 'Christian terrorism'. Few want to hear the truth about themselves when that truth exposes them. As far as I'm concerned, if you're racist, own it. And if you're ashamed of letting people know, then check yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Yeah, they act like there's no racism until you show obvious examples and they try to act like those are all outliers.
    Yeah, can't upset their belief system.

They presume that we're violent and cause our own problems but then get mad when you pull up photos of lynchings with dead bodies hanging...
    And, more recent ones, too!

Just like some want to blame Islam for extremist acts but don't recognize that the KKK didn't burn stars of David on Black folks lawns. Nah, they burned crosses, but that's not an example of 'Christian terrorism'. Few want to hear the truth about themselves when that truth exposes them. As far as I'm concerned, if you're racist, own it. And if you're ashamed of letting people know, then check yourself.
    Oh yeah, they went nuts when it was very recently made clear that the klan, neo-nazis, anti-abortion, anti-gay types, anti-Mexican, anti-woman, and anti-muslim, have all done horrible things in the name of christianity, and they are enabled and encouraged by the conservative wing of government, and religion.

BTW, those frat boys have until Midnight tomorrow to get out of that house, and the university will not help them find alternate housing.

And, why is it that you and I are about the only ones who are willing to talk about this stuff here?
    Last edited by soulster; 03-09-2015 at 04:06 PM.

People are uncomfortable discussing racial issues in spite of some always calling for a dialogue about it. You and I disagree as to why Black folks are so willing to move on from nonsense like this but I am amazed that so many are. These racists are absolutely empowered by the lack of cohesive influence of Black voters and consumers. I'll bet that each person in the video will insist that the video 'wasn't reflective of who I really am' if a camera catches them and gives them the chance to tell that lie.

Several years ago, I read that we [[African-Americans) have a cumulative economy that would make us the seventh most prosperous country in the world. Think about what we could do if we targeted selected businesses to force changes to employment laws, school admissions, voting rights, equal justice under law, and health care.

But we are okay spending money on movie tickets that don't feature Black characters and expensive shoes from companies that put zero profits back into the communities that they suck dry. The deaths of MLK and Minister Shabazz resonate until this day because there is no credible leadership for what seems to be a growing list of causes.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 03-09-2015 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    People are uncomfortable discussing racial issues in spite of some always calling for a dialogue about it. You and I disagree as to why Black folks are so willing to move on from nonsense like this but I am amazed that so many are. These racists are absolutely empowered by the lack of cohesive influence of Black voters and consumers. I'll bet that each person in the video will insist that the video 'wasn't reflective of who I really am' if a camera catches them and gives them the chance to tell that lie.

Several years ago, I read that we [[African-Americans) have a cumulative economy that would make us the seventh most prosperous country in the world. Think about what we could do if we targeted selected businesses to force changes to employment laws, school admissions, voting rights, equal justice under law, and health care.

But we are okay spending money on movie tickets that don't feature Black characters and expensive shoes from companies that put zero profits back into the communities that they suck dry. The deaths of MLK and Minister Shabazz resonate until this day because there is no credible leadership for what seems to be a growing list of causes.
    Well, we may as well take ourselves off the grid! Seriously, that's probably what we'll need to do to get their attention.

An ESPN article about the athletic department's reaction:
    http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=12449471

What's interesting is the quote about the frequency of this type of behavior on that campus. Somebody has to have complained before now. It's only when administrators are out on the spot that anything gets resolved.

The football team lost a highly-ranked recruit, Jean DeLance, who reconsidered attending the school after the incident. I heard on ESPN that when he took his official visit, he was taken to a party and questioned as to his business there. After his chaperone [[a current member of the football team) explained, the questioner told them that they could stay as long as they didn't cause any problems. He also heard another football player called the N word at the party and heard someone tell one of the hosts to 'keep your eye on them so they don't take a White girl home and rape her'.

Recent news updates have also revealed that the SAE fraternity had been known for using that chant at other, more public venues without correction from the administration. Another chapter at Texas State University recently held a 'border crossing' party and dressed in sombreros and other stereotypically Mexican garb. This garnered a formal complaint to the Texas State administration who was forced to acknowledge that they looked the other way and took no action.

There's more than one type of higher learning when you send your kids off to school and most of it is outside of the classroom.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 03-13-2015 at 02:04 PM.

And, now the SAE chapter at Washington State has, and is still being investigated for racist insults that the frat claims didn't come from their people, but from outside agitators.