[REMOVE ADS]

Albert Maysles, 88. Filmmaker: 'Salesman'; 'Gimme Shelter'; 'Grey Gardens'. R.I.P.

I've been a big fan of the Maysles brothers for a long time. Sad to hear Albert has passed. I finally got to see "Salesman" not long ago. Ah....and Big Edie, Little Edie, the Marble Faun...and Whiskers!

I'm right there with you, Blueskies. GREY GARDENS is a very unique movie for a lot of reasons. And SALESMAN is an emotional journey that just never has left me. Amazingly powerful. Unforgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    I'm right there with you, Blueskies. GREY GARDENS is a very unique movie for a lot of reasons. And SALESMAN is an emotional journey that just never has left me. Amazingly powerful. Unforgettable.
    Yes, I agree with you re: 'Salesman'. I didn't know quite what to expect. It almost had a 'Diane Arbus' feel about it. Very powerful, indeed. Grey Gardens is....well....Grey Gardens. I enjoyed it so much I bought the 2 DVD set. Also enjoyed the Drew Barrymore movie. She really got Edie's affected speech pattern down. Jessica Lange nailed Big Edie. Now, I'm going to have to watch Grey Gardens....again and sing along.....'tea for two and two for tea'.

http://themarblefaun.com/
    http://www.geraldpeary.com/essays/mno/maysles.html
    Last edited by blueskies; 03-07-2015 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks so much for the great articles, Blueskies. Wonderful reading. I would love to see SHOWMAN.

And your Diane Arbus reference to SALESMAN was perfect.

I saw Grey Gardens last week and I must admit I didn't get it. Were those two women crazy or to put it nicely eccentric?

Quote Originally Posted by nosey View Post
    I saw Grey Gardens last week and I must admit I didn't get it. Were those two women crazy or to put it nicely eccentric?
    I didnt get it either nosey dear but their house sure could use a darned good cleaning. lol

Hope you are well and your treatment is working. You are in my prayer dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I didnt get it either nosey dear but their house sure could use a darned good cleaning. lol

Hope you are well and your treatment is working. You are in my prayer dear.

Fondly,

Roberta
    Roberta, Try watching "Grey Garden" with Drew Barrymore. It might help clear it up.....then again....maybe not? I'd say 'eccentric' might be the keyword here. Gray Gardens was purchased years ago and completely rehabbed....it's beautiful once again.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Roberta, Try watching "Grey Garden" with Drew Barrymore. It might help clear it up.....then again....maybe not? I'd say 'eccentric' might be the keyword here. Gray Gardens was purchased years ago and completely rehabbed....it's beautiful once again.
    Thank you blueskies i will do just that.

Fondly,

Roberta

GREY GARDENS: Then & Now

From HBO

[[10 mins.)

https://youtu.be/hEHmeG_-ajg

Little Edie Beale

[[2 mins.)

https://youtu.be/ErhKIE8HxB0

Many thanks to Seonfox | Clinetube for this video posting.