[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Dry Spell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    You'll have to ask the record company about that. Maybe it's not selling, and it's taking up valuable server space. Seriously, go out on the street and ask a bunch of people who Tata Vega is. I know she's a singer who recorded for Motown, but, to this day, I don't think I have heard a note of her music, even if I do have one or two of her songs in my collection.
    No, no, you misunderstood. I have no question regarding Tata Vega. What I said was, Tata Vega’s 4th Motown album was released as a download several weeks ago [[two months, maybe?). Since then, there have been no Motown releases [[download nor CD) that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    No, no, you misunderstood. I have no question regarding Tata Vega. What I said was, Tata Vega’s 4th Motown album was released as a download several weeks ago [[two months, maybe?). Since then, there have been no Motown releases [[download nor CD) that I know of.
    I see. These record labels are always in a state of change. Their priorities seem to switch from day to day. Different corporate management comes in, has their own agendas, and change things. They listen to the bean counters. They try to keep up with the changes in the marketplace, all while keeping an eye on the bottom line.

What I understand is that the labels are busy trying to upgrade their vaults, trying to create high-resolution digital masters so they can be sold online as hi-rez and lossless. When I keep harping on hi-rez and lossless around here, it's because that's really where the industry and market is going. And, once iTunes abandons those lossy AAC files, it's game over for compressed music, and the sooner, the better!