[REMOVE ADS]

Tommy DeBarge Has an Autobiography Out?

Here's something I didn't know about until today. Tommy Debarge released an autobiography titled, There'll Never Be: A Story of Forgiveness

There'll Never Be, A Story of Forgiveness, is the moving autobiography of Thomas DeBarge - songwriter, singer, and eldest brother of the music industry's DeBarge family. Thomas "Tommy" DeBarge once saw the sky as the limit. As part of Motown's hot funk and soul band era, Thomas felt life would be good for him there on out. A prideful turning away from God's principles changed his dreams into a nightmare. Poverty and addiction were in the pot at the end of his rainbow. Now, Thomas is a man recovering from the decisions he made. He learned, through the process of people entering and exiting his heart at various stages of growth, that the road of sobriety was one he had to walk alone; just him and God.

Attachment 9217

I'm more interested in why Universal, after all these years, still can't seem to give us remasters of Switch's first four albums. I mean, we now have Pono, so they don't have to do any marketing or manufacturing. Just pull up the tapes, remaster them, and put them out.

As for Switch, I have long knew that it was drugs that brought down that great band. But, I don't subscribe to that stuff about not following "God's" path. but, whatever works for him.
    Last edited by soulster; 03-02-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I'm more interested in why Universal, after all these years, still can't seem to give us remasters of Switch's first four albums. I mean, we now have Pono, so they don't have to do any marketing or manufacturing. Just pull up the tapes, remaster them, and put them out.

As for Switch, I have long knew that it was drugs that brought down that great band. But, I don't subscribe to that stuff about not following "God's" path. but, whatever works for him.
    Understood. Maybe Tommy talks about it in the book. I am just learning that Bobby, El, Tommy and Bunny have all have books out. Bunny wrote 2 books!

You mean people have a biography on Bobby lol Bobby's been dead for 20 years. Bunny released a Part 2 of her biography, Part 1 focused on the early years and the heyday of DeBarge. Part 2 was its aftermath. Didn't know El had a book out either.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    You mean people have a biography on Bobby lol Bobby's been dead for 20 years. Bunny released a Part 2 of her biography, Part 1 focused on the early years and the heyday of DeBarge. Part 2 was its aftermath. Didn't know El had a book out either.
    Naw, on second look, it is a posthumous [[sp?) CD of Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Understood. Maybe Tommy talks about it in the book. I am just learning that Bobby...
    Well, I guess they're writing books because they just aren't seeing those royalty checks from their album reissues. They have to eat.

Well, I guess they're writing books because they just aren't seeing those royalty checks from their album reissues. They have to eat.
    That may be true. They also cannot tour to take advantage of their past successful careers.

Understood. Maybe Tommy talks about it in the book. I am just learning that Bobby, El, Tommy and Bunny have all have books out. Bunny wrote 2 books!
    Marv, thanks for the heads up. I just ordered Tommy DeBarge’s book and Bunny DeBarge’s [[Part 1). Haven’t found El’s yet. - Gary

I'm more interested in why Universal, after all these years, still can't seem to give us remasters of Switch's first four albums.
    Soulster, are you aware of these? I’ve got ‘em all and they sound great. - Gary

"Switch" [[Universal Japan)
    http://www.amazon.com/Switch-SWITCH/...rds=switch+cds

"Switch II" [[Masterpiece Classics ZYX)
    http://www.amazon.com/Switch-II/dp/B...rds=switch+cds

"This Is My Dream" [[PTG)
    http://www.amazon.com/This-My-Dream-...rds=switch+cds

"Reaching For Tomorrow" [[Universal Japan)
    http://www.amazon.com/Reaching-Tomor...rds=switch+cds

"Am I Still Your Boyfriend" [[Cherry Red)
    http://www.amazon.com/Am-I-Still-You...MHR2A6DZQSC3J8

Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 03-04-2015 at 01:51 AM.

From day one, Greg Williams, the founder/"leader" of Switch knew that the group was going to have a short-lived career because of Bobby's drug problem.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLASSIC-SOUL...item58bf7ddd60

I don't know what they could have in these books that wasn't already discussed on their Unsung TV special.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I don't know what they could have in these books that wasn't already discussed on their Unsung TV special.
    Everybody didn't have the opportunity to see that TV special. It's still beneficial to have the information in written-book form for easy reference, especially when the books are bound to contain information that "Unsung" didn't have, and vice versa.

That may be true. They also cannot tour to take advantage of their past successful careers.
    Hey, Marv

Why can't they tour?????

Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    Hey, Marv

Why can't they tour?????
    Have you seen their condition lately?

Have you seen their condition lately?
    Oh!!! I thought you was referring to a "Legal" reason!!! Just goes to show you, what sexual abuse can do to a family!!!

Oh!!! I thought you was referring to a "Legal" reason!!! Just goes to show you, what sexual abuse can do to a family!!!
    It has had horrific affects! Some of things that one brother has been doing is unmentionable.

It has had horrific affects! Some of things that one brother has been doing is unmentionable.
    Well, don't keep us in suspense! Mention it!

I'll private message you. How's that?

Your inbox is full young man.

That is "common" knowledge!!!!! I think I read that on this forum!!

That is "common" knowledge!!!!! I think I read that on this forum!!
    Not what I am talking about has EVER been mentioned here , hehehehehehehe!

Not what I am talking about has EVER been mentioned here , hehehehehehehe!
    Check your inbox, Mr. Marv

Check your inbox, Mr. Marv
    Will do now.

Oh, I read about it...he was renting his booty?