[REMOVE ADS]

Gossip in the Sun tabloid about Tom Jones and Mary

Name:  Tom Jones and Mary 410.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  100.3 KB

I know some of you want to see this stuff. It's all a bit naughty but I'm just as guilty for reading it.

I doubt Mary or Tom will be pleased.

If you press Control and + , the screen gets larger

Thank you for this news, Louella!

I, of course, never 'want to see this stuff' but as a loyal and devoted member of SDF, I feel it's my duty to read it.

Mary's already written about it long ago, so she probably won't mind so much.

As an example of life maybe not as it should be, but as it really is, it still beats hell out of sitting listening to a looooong, dull Sunday sermon....

Well it was the swingin sixties. LOL!!!

Nothing salacious. Maybe Mr. Jones should have found a woman who was cool with an open marriage.

WGB

I was being very kind by not mentioning Bournemouth! LOL

They looked good together I thought....well Mary did!

Last edited by theboyfromxtown; 03-02-2015 at 05:49 AM.

On the contrary, the Tourist Information Centre here would consider it extremely kind if you WOULD just mention 'Bournemouth', at least as often as you do 'The Velvelettes'.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Swinging whatever... it makes no difference. Wrong is wrong. You've obviously never been married.
    Let me explain it another way. If someone said that because slavery was accepted [[by far too many) as a norm in the 1860's, that was the 'servitude sixties" Lol!!! as a means to explain it away, I suspect we'd have a holy war on our hands here at SD.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Swinging whatever... it makes no difference. Wrong is wrong.
    Not that I would want an open marriage, you have to realize that it is not wrong for everyone. In fact, monogamy is a christian concept. Not everyone subscribes to christian tenets. But, if you want to judge everyone and everything by those standards, well...

honest man Guest
    Mary sure liked swingin with married men LOL heheeeee

How horrible.................Thanks for posting. I really feel sorry for his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Not that I would want an open marriage, you have to realize that it is not wrong for everyone. In fact, monogamy is a christian concept. Not everyone subscribes to christian tenets. But, if you want to judge everyone and everything by those standards, well...

I'm not judging anyone. God alone will judge. But to the best of my knowledge, Tom Jones was a Christian at the time. When he married, he likely promise fidelity in his wedding vows. His infidelity coupled with the lying and cover-ups obviously took its toll on his wife's well-being. He knew it was wrong or he would have spoken openly with his wife about the woman/women with whom he became sexually involved. I feel sorry for that poor woman and all that she's had to endure.

honest man Guest
    How devious of Mary to turn up at his concert knowing his wife was around good grief she could have had anybody why someone who was a family man,she has no shame,yes i have judged her,

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    How devious of Mary to turn up at his concert knowing his wife was around good grief she could have had anybody why someone who was a family man,she has no shame,yes i have judged her,
    "She has no shame"
    "Yes I have judged her"

This happened decades ago. That is all done and over with. There is absolutely no reason to judge someone on someone's past actions. Was what she did wrong? Absolutely. Has she already admitted so? Yes. Years ago. She has already opened up about this and talked about her mistakes, so yes, she has "shame." We are all guilty of our own mistakes in life, so stop turning your nose up to other people for their past mistakes. Judgement benefits no one but the person casting judgement. What's done is done. All parties involved have moved on, so we should, too.

supremester Guest
    There's a lot of unwritten rules when it comes to ....... this type of thing. Had Mary been the wife, it would have been several chapters in her book. To hang with a married dude while he's on the road where no one is the wiser is one thing, to torture a married mother in her home and cook in her kitchen is another. I can't imagine the feeling of violation and helplessness. At 24, Mary was getting old enough to understand the moral issue and the hell the wive was enduring. It is the same type of behavior that governed Mary's decisions with Flo, JMC and beyond thru Motown 25, RTL and on.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    "She has no shame"
    "Yes I have judged her"

This happened decades ago. That is all done and over with. There is absolutely no reason to judge someone on someone's past actions. Was what she did wrong? Absolutely. Has she already admitted so? Yes. Years ago. She has already opened up about this and talked about her mistakes, so yes, she has "shame." We are all guilty of our own mistakes in life, so stop turning your nose up to other people for their past mistakes. Judgement benefits no one but the person casting judgement. What's done is done. All parties involved have moved on, so we should, too.
    it is in TODAYS NEWSPAPER ,I am not turning my nose up just my opinion,i could not care less if she wanted to Sc--- aroundwith married men heeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm not judging anyone. God alone will judge. But to the best of my knowledge, Tom Jones was a Christian at the time. When he married, he likely promise fidelity in his wedding vows. His infidelity coupled with the lying and cover-ups obviously took its toll on his wife's well-being. He knew it was wrong or he would have spoken openly with his wife about the woman/women with whom he became sexually involved. I feel sorry for that poor woman and all that she's had to endure.
    Well, maybe Tom Jones never should have gotten married to a woman who didn't approve of his extra-curricular activities.

According to christian beliefs, it is not wrong to sleep around, as long as you aren't married. Why? because your spouse may be hurt. Hurting others is a sin. There is nothing in the bible that says you can't have sex unless you are married. That stuff came in with man-made religion.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    it is in TODAYS NEWSPAPER ,I am not turning my nose up just my opinion,i could not care less if she wanted to Sc--- aroundwith married men heeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    So what if it was in today's paper? That doesn't mean Mary's still fooling around with him. Neither Mary, Tom, nor his wife are talking about it anymore, so judging her and saying "she has no shame" is moot. I don't approve of cheating, either, but what's past is past. Those mistakes should not define her.

I guess I'm wondering why this ancient news is being dug up again. What's the point of this paper's author stirring the pot?

I'm only posting to ask what do people get out of posting tabloid stuff? Also, it was decades ago and the wife of Tom Jones was only writing about what was going on then. Mary has admitted to it. It's over.

Good thing it didn't come out in 68, with everything else going on with the girls this would have been stank news. Anyway, maybe Tom's wife is about to write a book.

I wonder how many extra curricular activities he was involved in?

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Good thing it didn't come out in 68, with everything else going on with the girls this would have been stank news. Anyway, maybe Tom's wife is about to write a book.
    Tom jones wife is writing a book but I have to say Linda Jones should have dumped his cheatin behind decades ago imo but must add 'he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Roberta

This is hilarious. Just yesterday some of you were proclaiming to have so much more respect for Mary Wilson! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    I wonder how many extra curricular activities he was involved in?
    Oh Tom was the dude in those days. Women were throwing their panties on stage to him years before Teddy Pendergrass jumped upon the scene! LOL!~

The wife obviously wanted to stay and did. She won in the end as most wives do. The mistress gets dumped in the end. Perhaps Tom and her are short of money because cd sales are shot. Or did she finally kick his ass out?

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    According to christian beliefs, it is not wrong to sleep around, as long as you aren't married. Why? because your spouse may be hurt. Hurting others is a sin. There is nothing in the bible that says you can't have sex unless you are married. That stuff came in with man-made religion.
    I'm not sure where you arrived at the belief that Christianity incorporates a belief that sleeping around is acceptable outside of marriage. Fornication is mention several times in the Bible as sinful behavior.

This is hilarious. Just yesterday some of you were proclaiming to have so much more respect for Mary Wilson! LOL!!!!
    Yes, because of Mary's admission that the blame for the unfortunate way in which the Supremes reunion at Motown 25 transpired was not 1 sided, that she now realizes and admits that many factors contributed, including she herself, has earned her respect from several posters here.

Yes, because of Mary's admission that the blame for the unfortunate way in which the Supremes reunion at Motown 25 transpired was not 1 sided, that she now realizes and admits that many factors contributed, including she herself, has earned her respect from several posters here.
    Yeah, it was the producers fault, it was Suzanne Depasse's fault for not telling her that Ross was to make a speech to bring Berry to the stage [[if any of that is true.....). It was Diane's fault for being a Grade A- hole for shoving Mary during "Someday We'll Be Together"!

Who is that woman pictured in the article? She is hot!

So Mary deserved a microphone push and reprimand because diana came late for rehearsal and mary got caught up in moment? Be nice if they could have done it together which is ultimately what happened. Mary graciously didn't bring up the shove. She often speaks how her main goal in life is to be a decent person.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    So Mary deserved a microphone push and reprimand because diana came late for rehearsal and mary got caught up in moment? Be nice if they could have done it together which is ultimately what happened. Mary graciously didn't bring up the shove. She often speaks how her main goal in life is to be a decent person.

Exactly and if you can't respect a person for working to live as a decent person, you have issues. I just wonder why it took over 30 years for Suzanne DePasse to offer an explanation and why Diana Ross has said nothing at all about the incident[[S) that occurred at "Motown 25"?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    No one said Mary deserved any such thing. Again, please learn to read... What I said is that many have come to respect her for acknowledging that several persons and factors led to the ill-fated Motown 25 Supremes' reunion, including she herself.

No one said Mary deserved any such thing. Again, please learn to read... What I said is that many have come to respect her for acknowledging that several persons and factors led to the ill-fated Motown 25 Supremes' reunion, including she herself.

What has Diane said?

What has Diane said?
    Diiana is the Queen and the Queen never comments!

Make note of who brought Diane Ross into this thread. The person who claim not to care about her or like her or think about her. lol smh just smh.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Make note of who brought Diane Ross into this thread. The person who claim not to care about her or like her or think about her. lol smh just smh.

Roberta
    You don't have an answer do you? I didn't think so...................

You don't have an answer do you? I didn't think so...................
    Let me be real real clear about this. im not interested in getting into a catfight with you about anything. i just wanted to point out that once agin you brought Diane Ross into a thread and your taking it south.

Roberta

Marv and Roberta,
    Please don't take you little argument any further. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Marv and Roberta,
    Please don't take you little argument any further. Thank you.
    no problem Ralph.

Fondly,

Roberta

M25? Ms. Red-dress Mary Ferrer!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Let me be real real clear about this. im not interested in getting into a catfight with you about anything. i just wanted to point out that once agin you brought Diane Ross into a thread and your taking it south.

Roberta
    You got it Ms. Roberta!

There should be a rule around here: don't bring Ross into a thread unless it's specifically about her.

^ As Marvin would say, "right on."

People who claim to not be "fans" are the ones that constantly bring her name up. I'm not talking about the obvious offenders either.

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    I guess I'm wondering why this ancient news is being dug up again. What's the point of this paper's author stirring the pot?
    Probably because Tom Jones has a high profile in the UK at the moment because of his weekly appearances as a judge in BBC TV programme "The Voice". That makes it newsworthy.

Is his wife currently writing a book?

Then they are surely short of money!

The article seems to be mentioning details which have been well-documented for decades, in the process of promoting a soon-to be published biography of Tom Jones, by Sean Smith.

However, it was reported last year that Tom Jones is planning an autobiography, due for publication this autumn - who may perhaps have something new to add on the subject.

This article and the biography by Sean Smith might perhaps be seen as very useful publicity for any forthcoming 'in his own words' autobiography by Tom Jones.....?

So will Tom say "my head kept getting so big, and I couldn't help myself"!

"And the wife stayed with me no matter what!"

LOL!

I just bet he will, because it's all true....

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    People who claim to not be "fans" are the ones that constantly bring her name up. I'm not talking about the obvious offenders either.
    It ain't me because i'm a fan of her music, not the person.