[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson on the radio; Minneapolis: 2/26/15 : MOTOWN 25

This morning a coworker mentioned to me that Mary Wilson had just been on KQRS [[a local hard rock radio station) promoting the upcoming "Motown 25 PBS Special."

I am sorry to have missed it; I don't know if it was an actual interview, or more like a pre-recorded promo. I find it interesting that Mary would be on KQ when that station plays Rush, Led Zep, Styx, etc. I don't know that their average listener would find interest in The Supremes, The Tempts and the Four Tops. We do have an "oldies" station in the Twin Cities; seems like that would have been better suited for advertising.

It's also disappointing that no one "in the know" [[whether it be Mary's camp or PBS's camp) informed us to listen in. I can't say that I listen to KQ all that often, but definitely would have set my radio dial this a.m.

Midnight Johnny; have you ever thought of a "Motown 25" special on your "Nightflight"? I know you are public access [[although I don't know if it's in conjunction with PBS); perhaps you could build a show around the stars of this special, including Linda Ronstadt, El DeBarge, Jose', in addtion to all of the classic Motown stars: The Supremes, the Tempts, the Tops, Marvin, Smokey, Martha, etc. Maybe Mary Wilson would be willing to call in, maybe TJ as well.

Just a thought. Seems like a missed opportunity.

I went to KQ's website and see nothing in archives.
    Last edited by marybrewster; 02-26-2015 at 11:30 AM.

I heard about the radio tour late last night - - sorry, I should have shared but have had some bronchitis the past few days. Keep in mind, this is not coming from PBS, it's a TJL syndicated offer to public tv stations. Mary and Martha have done a whole bunch of new print and radio interviews for national radio [[typically live) as we build up to Saturday night on many stations coast-to-coast.