[REMOVE ADS]

Smile The Three Degrees UK TOUR 2015 Live photo shoot

Well that was fun!

I have just joined here so please bare with me if I'm hitting a few wrong buttons!

Hopefully the photographs [[5 out of 14 I have) are attached for you to look at., I will post another batch of photos shortly.

Im a gig photographer just starting out, all my pictures are based on my 'hobby'.

I took the the shots of the The Three Degrees on 22-Jan-2015 in a great little venue called The Concorde Club in Eastleigh Southampton, UK. I get to go there to shoot bands which is pretty cool. I also did Alexander O'Neal there in February this year so have some great shots of that gig also.

The Three Degrees were great, they welcomed the photographer for the whole show which is pretty rare, normally the 1st three song only.

Hope you like the photo's guys!

Regards

Dave

More photo's can be seen on:

www.facebook.com/DavidHorrocksPhotography
    https://twitter.com/davidhorrocks
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Great pics; thanks. The ladies look lovely, like themselves, and importantly [[to me) age-appropriate. How are they sounding? Is that specific 3D sound still in evidence? I am an early 3D fan; I cherish my copy of the Roulette LP "Maybe"! Wish they had a following here in the states as they do in the UK.

Hi RobertZ... welcome to SDF... The Three Degrees played in San Francisco around four years ago right after Freddie Poole joined the group and they were fantastic. What I especially like about them is they perform as a group and each member gets their turn as "lead" but it's the vocal blending that is so wonderful. I, too, wished they played more often in the U.S.

I just look up the Three Degrees website and there is a tentative date for NYC in the Spring; I hope it happens!

They were stunning! great show, still got the audience in awe!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Great pics; thanks. The ladies look lovely, like themselves, and importantly [[to me) age-appropriate. How are they sounding? Is that specific 3D sound still in evidence? I am an early 3D fan; I cherish my copy of the Roulette LP "Maybe"! Wish they had a following here in the states as they do in the UK.

you must go see them! hope you get the chance Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    I just look up the Three Degrees website and there is a tentative date for NYC in the Spring; I hope it happens!

Thank you, always difficult shooting gigs in low light, no flash used so pretty good outcome i'd say! probably never see them again but who knows!!!!!!

thanks

GREAT photos

edafan

Thanks edafan

Helen has aged very well! Valerie is the Mary Wilson of the Three Degrees she has kept this group together for a long time. I didnt think Freddie Poole would fit in with them at first but she has proven to be a great addition to the group. Rock on ladies!

Welcome, David! And thanks for sharing these great shots of The Three Degrees. I've always loved their incredible three-part harmonies. It's amazing that, over the years, no matter who comprised the group lineup -- whether it be Sheila, Valerie, Fayette, Cynthia, or Helen -- their vocal blend remained exactly the same. I don't know how they accomplished it, but it never changed. The Three Degrees somehow maintained the same blend of vocal magic throughout their entire career. Glad to see they're still going strong!